Your body on diet soda

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

My mom has been drinking diet soda a lot lately, I'm sad to report I was also starting to get into that as well, until I read this:

[​IMG]

Trellum, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Wow this is good to know. When I do drink soda it is usually diet and I have heard so many bad things about it
    This chart really shows it all and speaks volumes. I have a sister who drinks so much diet soda and has been
    doing it for as long as I can remember. Luckily she has had no negative effects from it. She was just recently
    to the doctor and got a clean bill of health. I guess not everybody is so lucky!

Susan Brown, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Trellum

I'm glad to hear your sister is fine, but as you said not everyone is so lucky. It's a fact soda in general can have a very negative on your health, specially your bones. That is why I only drink soda once a week, just to keep the craving under control ;)

Trellum, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Well soda has not been my weakness for some time now. I have often thought that this diet stuff is not as great as it's made out to be.I am guessing my other bad eating habits that are more subtle might be at the root of my health issues.

Susan's sister seems fortunate, but if I were her, I'd try to quit while she's ahead.

Anne, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Trellum

Tell me about it, Anne...! I thought I was ahead of so many things, but the whole thing exploited on my face and now I'm dealing with ah health issue I never thought I would. I think mine is indirectly linked to bad eating decisions. Good for you, keep working on keeping that diet soda ''addiction'' away. I told my mom about this, and she took it so seriously, she was drinking one bottle (600 ml) light soda daily D: I'm so glad she takes me seriously. I've told er drinking one here and there is ok, but daily... every week?? TOO much!

Trellum, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Trellum

tajnz Well-Known Member

Drinking less soda is definitely one of my long term health goals. I admit, I like Coke Zero far too much. My aim is to drink 1 glass a day with a meal, instead of 2-4 glasses per day. 0_0

tajnz, Sep 11, 2015
  7. Trellum

@tajnz Wow... do you drink 2-4 glasses daily now? I do hope you manage to reach that goal! My goal is to drink zero soda and zero sugary drinks, but it's so hard. I drink soda once a week, but I feel I shouldn't be drinking any soda or cranberry juice at all...

Trellum, Sep 11, 2015
Ask a Question