Yay!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SheWolfSilver, Mar 15, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

We're having our tornado shelter installed tomorrow! They called us today and told us they will be here at 9 in the morning.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 15, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Chloe Member

Dumb question: how does that work? I don't get tornadoes where I live, but given what happened in the US recently I imagine shelters are getting popular.

Chloe, Mar 15, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

[​IMG]

SheWolfSilver, Mar 16, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

steph84 Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks for posting a picture. I am terrified of tornados. I live in California, but most of my family is from Texas and the southwest. My grandmother would tell me stories about Tornados and it scared me so much! Do you take your cats in there too?

steph84, Mar 16, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

Chloe Member

Now that shelter is awesome. Do you get power in there? Seems like it could be a productive place :)

Chloe, Mar 16, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

Becky Well-Known Member

Looks great, you must be really pleased!

Becky, Mar 16, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

I absolutely plan on taking my three cats and five dogs in there with me! I have pet carriers I can shove the cats in so I can get them in there. I just hope I can get everyone in there in time before a tornado does come. You don't always have a lot of warning.:eek:

SheWolfSilver, Mar 16, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

That is a very smart thing to do. I feel that everyone needs one of these. We have been thinking about getting one as well, all the storms we have been having it would be a great thing to have.

Wahcashmom, Mar 17, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

christina Active Member

Before last year, I haven't heard of tornadoes around us. April 27th of last year, an F4 hit just 3 miles from my house. We were terrified. Then a few weeks back, another one came through the same area that got hit last year. It is so sad. Most had just rebuilt and now they have to start over again. This shelter would be a great idea. You never know where a tornado will hit. Thanks for sharing. I will be looking into getting one.

christina, Mar 27, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

The weather has been so crazy lately that it doesn't surprise me tornadoes are popping up in places that don't usually have them. Last summer we had earthquake after earthquake and I live in Oklahoma! Granted they weren't the big ones that California has but it was big enough to scare people and damage their houses.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 27, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks so much for sharing. It's a bit of an alien concept to me here in the UK, but I imagine it must be a scary reality for so many people such as yourself.

magickat, Apr 23, 2012
Ask a Question