Who here owns a crock pot?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I'm just curious guys, I might be buying one soon (once I move out from here) and I'd like to hear your experiences using one. I have heard some people prepare their meals in them, leave the thing alone for 8 hours or until they come back from work, only to find their meal already done, warm and ready to serve! Is doing that even safe?? Also, is it as wonderful as it sounds, or is it mostly fiction?

Also, can you recommend me a brand? I think when it comes to crock pots you should try to find the best one, for obvious reasons, even if the cost is a bit high, I think in the end it's worth it. Any recommendations? tips? advice?

Trellum, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I am interested in seeing the answer here too. I am thinking about getting a crock pot also but am not sure what kind to buy
    or which one would be the best. I hear such great things about them and I always see these amazing recipes to be prepared
    in a crock pot! So I will be watching this post! :)

Susan Brown, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Trellum

I'm not getting my hopes too high, Susan :( It seems not many people around this forum, but hopefully everything changes soon :) I guess I'll be heading into the stores soon (moving soon) and just ask someone there. I just don't trust online reviews, because I know many of those reviews are so fake o_O

Trellum, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Trellum

Eaow Well-Known Member

I have heard quite a number of positives about them too but haven't got to buying one yet. Does anyone here own up to having one?

Eaow, Aug 30, 2015
  5. Trellum

It seems no one here owns one :p But I'd not be very surprised about it, we don't seem o have many active members anymore. I am hoping the other members can post their experiences later on though.

Trellum, Aug 30, 2015
  6. Trellum

I know I bought one for my son and his wife for Christmas a few years ago. I can't even remember what kind it was now.
    All I know it that I bought it at Target and they loved it. They use it all the time.They go online and find recipes and try
    it out. My son is the cook in the family so he usually put everything in the pot when he leaves for work in the morning
    and when he gets back home at the end of the day it is ready to eat.

Susan Brown, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Trellum

Amazing! So it's actually safe to use them like that? I had heard about an incident that took place in NY, a whole family died in a fire, I think only the dad, mom and one of the kids survived. It was a family of orthodox Jews ( a crock pot is super handy for the truly religious Jews...) I think I read the pot was a little too old, so I guess doing that with the newest ones wouldn't 't be an issue?

Trellum, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Trellum

I am thinking not as I know of many people who use them. I am a worrier so I can't see me leaving a pot unattended while I away at work.
    That is just me though. I tend to worry about everything. If I am home then I wouldn't worry too much about it being on because I could
    keep an eye on it throughout the day. I have an older one that belonged to my mom but I have never used it because I don't trust it since
    it is an older model. I am sure the newer ones are much safer!

Susan Brown, Sep 2, 2015
Ask a Question