What is your favorite cat breed?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by dashboardc33, Jul 31, 2012.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Active Member

We all have our own opinion on what the most beautiful cat is? What is your favorite cat breed? Luckily, I own my favorite cat breed. I have a calico and she is just a sweetheart. I think calico's are so beautiful as well! Other than that, I prefer the long hairs over the short hairs.

dashboardc33, Jul 31, 2012
  2. dashboardc33

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

If you really prefer the long haris over the short hairs, then you might just go ga-ga over this one:
    [​IMG]

Personally, I would much prefer a Siamese. If I can get one.

Victor Leigh, Aug 1, 2012
  3. dashboardc33

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

I have to say Siamese and Orientals are my favourite breed, but I also love the Sphynx, British Shorthair, Maine Coon, NFC, Persians,Bengals, Toygers... in fact there really isn't one I wouldn't have. :)

Daintipawz, Oct 6, 2012
  4. dashboardc33

Trellum Well-Known Member

For me it would be the Norwegian forest cat. Those are so beautiful, but have a really long coat and taking care of it must be a pain. For some reason it seemed easier to do so in Norway!

But if you're living in a place that is hot and humid, and you like to let your cat out from time to time... then you're in for a big disaster. I first saw this cat in my apartment building (Løvisenberg), the owner let her cats out often! But they looked so clean and neat despite the incredibly fluffy coat! It must have been because there was only snow outside and nothing else most of the year. If I owned one here and I did the same... that cat would end up looking like a dirty mop in just one day :D

Trellum, Oct 23, 2013
  5. dashboardc33

Anne Well-Known Member

I really can't say I have a favorite cat breed as my knowledge of cats is so limited. My cat was brought home as a kitten when my son saved him on the highway. He since died and I never knew what breed he was. Whatever the breed he was one of the prettiest cats I have seen in my area. The white of his fur was so pure and fresh and his tail was amazing to look. He stood out among the other cats who came around.

Since learning more about cats I have seen some Bengals that are really beautiful to behold.

Anne, Dec 4, 2014
  6. dashboardc33

Bloomsie Active Member

Because I am a very simple person, I tend to lean towards breeds that share my same quality. At first I was madly in love with Tabby's. I thought that they were always so adorable with their different stripes and overall size. But as of two years ago, my all-time favorite breed are the Russian Blue's. When adopting my cat, Wolfy, he was actually categorized as a Blue Tabby, but apparently the Humane Society was extremely wrong. We knew that he wasn't the Tabby once he grew twice as big as the Tabby's we've had in the past.

Russian Blue's are very simple, in my opinion. You don't have to tell them twice to not do something (easily trainable), and they are extremely aware of everything around them (observant). In addition, they have a type of fur that doesn't bother those whom are allergic. While my boyfriend sneezes and gets hives from prior Tabby's in the house, he's not showing signs with Wolfy. It's a breed that I can picture myself keeping for years to come.

Bloomsie, Dec 12, 2014
    Susan Brown likes this.
  7. dashboardc33

Anne Well-Known Member

I come here ever so often just to see again some of the breeds mentioned. I still feels like my knowledge of cats is so limited and wish I knew the breed of my Twinkle before he passed. It appears that some breeds are unique to some territories. Is that accurate? I guess I will do some more research but my limited search seems to suggest so.

Anne, Dec 14, 2014
  8. dashboardc33

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on this one. I love my Russian Blue. It is the first time that I ever had one but I can see me getting another one. He is so smart and so easy going. His fur is beautiful and easy to take care of. Of love the color of it when the sun shines through the window on him. He is a beauty.

Susan Brown, Jul 15, 2015
Ask a Question