Thinking of getting a pet rabbit for your kid?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

This is interesting, I never had a pet rabbit like my oldest sister did, so I really had no idea rabbits were so high maintenance. I had heard they are natural chewers and that is why my mom never liked to have those at home :( If you are thinking of getting a rabbit for your kid, you should check this out:

[​IMG]

Since my sister was allowed to have those.. but she lived at my grandma's house. Let me tell you that you should think it twice if oyu don't want to keep them indoors and you can't offer them shelter somewhere else. Specially if you live in a cold climate, because those little fellows urine really stinks

Trellum, Oct 5, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My sister had a pet rabbit. He was a nice little guy and very clean. He used the liter box. I use to love going to her house and getting snuggles from the bunny. He was a great little pet.

Susan Brown, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Trellum

Wow, how did she train him to use the litter box? I've always wanted a pet rabbit, because I think they are so adorable! I saw the most adorable rabbit last time I was in the Netherlands, it had long ears,was beige colored and had eyelashes, lol. Black eyelashes! My fiance said it looked like me because of the long black eyelashes! It was looooovely!

Trellum, Oct 7, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  4. Trellum

The rabbit sounds adorable. We always had rabbits when we were kids. Baby bunnies are the cutest little things. Not sure how she liter trained him. I guess it is much the same as a cat they just learn to go on their own. I know she also had a cat at the time so maybe he learned from the cat. I never really thought of asking her how she trained him to use the liter box.

Susan Brown, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Trellum

Ow, please ask her when you see her ;) I would like to know! I would really like a new pet in the future, maybe one of those rabbits with long eyelashes or the one with extra long ears! So lovely!

Trellum, Oct 9, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  6. Trellum

I definitely will. I know that they make excellent pets and they are so cute and cuddly too. There are different breeds of them too.
    I love the angora rabbit or the floppy eared ones but they are all cute!

Susan Brown, Oct 15, 2015
  7. Trellum

Got any idea what kind of rabbit this is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like it's modeling, isn't it?

Trellum, Oct 15, 2015
Ask a Question