The Web's grumpiest cat has hit her terrible twos

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

By LEANNE ITALIE

[​IMG]

NEW YORK (AP) — Watch out world, Grumpy Cat has hit her terrible twos.

The top dog in Internet cat stardom, known for her downward smile and bugged-out baby blues, spent her birthday Friday touring New York City with an entourage worthy of Hollywood.

And Hollywood is where the funny-looking feline is bound, with a movie project in the works to add to her pile of endorsements and licensing deals that include her scowling face on limited-edition bags of Friskies Party Mix treats and her own line of "Grumppuccino" bottled coffee drinks.

So who will voice the cat we love to caption? Grumpy's not saying, nor are her humans, the brother-sister team of Tabatha and Bryan Bundesen.

With her own agent, YouTube videos that have racked up millions of hits, T-shirts, calendars and a best-selling book available in 14 languages, exactly how much is this cat worth?

"The business is doing very well," Bryan laughed. "Grumpy doesn't like to discuss specifics."

Read it all here: http://news.yahoo.com/webs-grumpiest-cat-hit-her-terrible-twos-200247749.html

Trellum, Apr 9, 2014
  2. Trellum

Jessi Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, Grumpy!!

It's incredible how popular and viral she became. I know they used to donate the proceeds to animal charities, but at this point, I wonder if the owners just keep the money.

Jessi, Apr 16, 2014
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I guess they are keeping some of the money, I mean, she is making a lot, so who wouldn't, right? I wonder what her movie is going to be like, I doubt we will be seeing it over here :(

Trellum, Apr 16, 2014
Ask a Question