Super useful tips for dog owners!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Here is a collection of what I consider to be some really cool hacks for dog owners, I found some tips that I'll surely be using very soon :D Seriously, here you can find tips for many kinds of dogs! Also those who don't mind eating celery and love eating apples ;)

[​IMG]

Trellum, Oct 5, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Those are some awesome tips. I remember years ago we had a dog that had a heart attack and we had to perform CPR on him. He made it too and lived for many years after that. I like he was something like 25 when he passed away. We had him all the time I was going up. I loved that little guy and think of him often. He was the best little dog. I would love to have a dog but where I live we are not allowed dogs just cats.

Susan Brown, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Trellum

Oh so sorry to hear that :( I know a lot people who would love having a dog as well, but they live in an apartment where dogs are not allowed. I find it so odd that cats are allowed most of the time, but dogs are not! Isn't like dogs are that bad! I mean, sometimes i think it's because cats use litter boxes and dogs need to be walked outside. But I know for a fact that a male cat that hasn't been neutered will leave a house smelling as bad as a dog that is having issues being potty trained. So I don't see the reasoning behind that decisions :(

Trellum, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Trellum

It is usually more because of the noise. People will go to work and leave their dogs home and some dogs will bark and howl all day and annoy the neighbours. I know in the building I am living in, the landlord use to allow dogs but then somebody left one home alone and the dog completely wrecked the place. He even ripped up all the flooring scratching at the door trying to get out. Cats are quite and don't do a lot of damage. It is not so much the pets but the irresponsible pet owners. They ruin it for everybody else.

Susan Brown, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Trellum

Oh wow... I have heard about dogs that how, bark and destroy things when the owner is not home, but I had no idea it was such a widespread issue :eek: No wonder! My dog has never done such a thing, so I often assume it's the same for all dog owners, rely silly of me actually, lol. But yes, you are right, this is all on the owners, some people have no idea how to educate a dog... but it's a shame everyone has to pay for that :(

Trellum, Oct 9, 2015
  6. Trellum

Yes it is. There are lots of responsible pet owners out there who have to pay the price for the people who simply don't care.
    Most dogs don't like to be left alone for long periods of time either. It always breaks my heart when somebody gets a dog
    and just leaves it outside on a leash in the backyard and it barks and howls for hours on end. If somebody doesn't have time for a dog
    and if they are not going to make him part of their family then they shouldn't get one!

Susan Brown, Oct 15, 2015
  7. Trellum

Yes, I agree! I think my sister in law's dog is the same, and that is why they bring it along as much as they can. The dog is rarely alone at home, because that woman is there most of the time, and now it has the extra company of the baby :) But that dog in specific wasn't raised right (they adopted it by the way) it barks too much if you sit on the couch and don't let it do the same or if you pet another dog or cat.

Trellum, Oct 15, 2015
Ask a Question