Strange liquid coming from my pregnant cat

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Jamie Whiler, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Jamie Whiler

Jamie Whiler New Member

Hi there,

I'm new here, so first and foremost I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.
    I've had many cats in the past, but I've never had a mama.
    Earlier this night, my cat (her name is Orchid) came in from outside filled with cactus and thoroughly panicked. I picked the cactus out, but while I was doing so I noticed that her hind legs, base of the tail, and all around her genitals was wet. I smelled it to make sure it wasn't just water, but it was relatively sticky, and was definitely not orderless (can't exactly describe the smell).
    She's only about a week pregnant, and barely showing, so unless she had some sort of miscarry this couldn't be a sign of labor.

I checked her genitals to see if she was bleeding, and while her whole backside was covered in liquid (and I mean covered, there had to have been a lot) there was blood, but only a small amount that clearly came from her genitals (I'm sorry I don't know what else to call it) but it wasn't an active bleed and there was a very small amount, much less then a thimble full. She was constantly licking and appeared to be in pain. It looked like mild pain but since cats hide so much, that she's probably in a lot more pain than she's letting on. She's also making small chirping noises. On top of that, one of my other cats, would not leave her alone. He was relentlessly harassing her.

I've put him in a separate room of the house, and she's settled down a bit now, although she's acting uncomfortable and still licking every now and then. It's 2:00 am so I can't take her to the vet.

Again, I'm new here and kind of just found this forum in a rush tonight.
    Please be nice, I don't know what crowd I've come to and I'm really worried that people might be angry with me for something. I've only ever kept cats as pets, and her pregnancy was unintentional (which I won't go into that now) we're prepared to have the kittens and are excited about them, etc, but first and foremost I want her to be safe and happy above all.

Jamie Whiler, Apr 4, 2024
Ask a Question