Sphynx

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by catlover2, Sep 16, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Sphynx cats are really not hairless. Many people believe them to be but they are not. They just have a lack of coat for better terms. They have very fine hair. They have wedge shaped heads and bodies that are sturdy. They have a high level of energy and are very intelligent. They also are very curious and display lots of affection towards their owners.

Attached Files:

catlover2, Sep 16, 2010
  2. catlover2

Yolanda Well-Known Member

You are right about the sphynx not being totally hairless, but the picture you posted is not a sphynx but an abbessin.
    For comparrision, a photo of what a sphynx does look like. They have only little hair on their ears and hardly any hair on the rest of their body.
    They do loose skincells (they shed those just like humans and other cats do), so if you are allergic to those instead of fur this cat isn't allergy proof.
    Sphynxes also have to be bathed regularly.

[​IMG]

Yolanda, Nov 27, 2011
  3. catlover2

tajnz Well-Known Member

I remember being about 8-11 years old and trying to save $1000 for a Spynx after reading about them in a newspaper. I'm curious, does anyone on this forum own a Spynx? If so I'd love to ask you a few questions. :)

As for general spynx knowledge I've also heard you have to apply sunblock on them if you need to put it on yourself and that if you're cold your spynx will probably need a jumper too.

tajnz, Jun 12, 2012
  4. catlover2

Trellum Well-Known Member

I don't think I'll ever own one :p They sound like wonderful cats, but I don't think I'd like the feel of their bald skin against my skin, for some reason I don't find that so calming. I prefer to stroke a kitty that is fluffy and nice :) I doubt I'd enjoy petting a spynx cat!

Trellum, May 3, 2015
Ask a Question