She's feline her age! Poppy named world's oldest cat at 24 (that's 114 in human years)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, May 28, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

The tortoiseshell puss from Bournemouth was born in February 1990, making her a ripe old 114 in human years

Poppy the cat is certainly feline her age - after being recognised as the world’s oldest cat at 24 years.

The tortoiseshell puss from Bournemouth was born in February 1990, making her a ripe old 114 in human years.

She has lived through five British Prime Ministers but is now a frail old lady and spends most of her time indoors relaxing.

Poppy, who has been recognised by Guinness World Records, is one year younger than Misao Okawa of Japan, the oldest person in the world.

She has picked up the title following the death of Pinky, a cat from Kansas who passed away at the age of 23 last year.

More...

Trellum, May 28, 2014
  2. Trellum

3. Trellum

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh my. I've seen cats live to nearly 20, but to 24 just seems crazy! It's incredible that she has lived for so long. I wonder how much longer she'll end up living?

Jessi, May 28, 2014
  4. Trellum

I guess she will live one or two years tops. I was thinking how amazing aging is, I mean look how obvious it is this cat is darn old! I can easily see it, so can you! Amazing how aging can show so well even in animals, but us as humans are in a clear disadvantage :p

Trellum, May 28, 2014
Ask a Question