Nothing like a nice and warm hug!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Check this out! I had never seen a chicken so eager to receive a hug from its kid... ever! Isn't that the nicest hug ever? It's so sweet! Who said chicken couldn't be great pets :)

[​IMG]

Trellum, Oct 15, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Awwwwww that is simply adorable! That is an awesome hug.
    I never knew that a chicken could be so affectionate! <3

Susan Brown, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Trellum

This hits back home :) I used to keep chicken as pets, and let me tell you they are really smart! I had two chicken, one was a cochin batnam:

[​IMG]

The female was like this:

[​IMG]

But really small, so they were perfect for each other. Anyways, when we threw something to eat (something tasty like meat) and the hen caught it first. The rooster instead of freaking out tricked her into thinking he got something tastier, he just pretended with a little rock and made the kind of sounds they make when they are eating something tasty. The hen rushed and left the piece of meat and then the rooster rushed to get it!

Trellum, Oct 16, 2015
  4. Trellum

lol that's funny and really quite clever.

Susan Brown, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Trellum

Yeah, most people think they are dumb, but they really aren't as dumb as most people think ;) At least not that bred of chickens! I guess the female was kinda slow, because she fell for the same trick several times, lol.

Trellum, Oct 22, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  6. Trellum

I just keep coming back and looking at this video. It is so cute! I showed it to my grand daughter yesterday and now she wants a chicken! lol

Susan Brown, Oct 23, 2015
  7. Trellum

Awww! If you can you should get her a pet chicken. So many beautiful varieties out there. Always pick the smallest breed, those tend to be really smart.

Trellum, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Trellum

We use to have them growing up. We also had ducks and geese. We use to actually walk them on leashes out the road by our home. lol I guess you could say we were a little bit red neck. lol

Susan Brown, Nov 7, 2015
    Anne likes this.
  9. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

This is so sweet what you showed with the hug. Sadly my memories of chicks were not the nice kind. We kept a few to be slaughter. When they were chicks I always felt they should be pets. I must have been very sad when I found out they were being groomed eating.My son came along and I remember him telling me he wanted some as pets. Naturally I never got him any. He would have taken it very hard to lose his dear chicks.

Anne, Nov 8, 2015
  10. Trellum

p885 Member

I have never seen that before. It was so sweet!

p885, Nov 9, 2015
  11. Trellum

djordjem87 Member

So cute and warm. I hug like this with my dog from time to time. Usually when firecrackers season begins. He gets nervous and scared like all dogs do plus he's a golden retriever. Nothing beats a warm hug. Olaf from Frozen like warm hugs :) Me and Joe.

Attached Files:

djordjem87, Jan 23, 2016
  12. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

That is a pretty cute video. I fear watching it was that the chicken would accidently poke at the kids eye or something like that. Their smart I guess but don't know how trustworthy they may be.

MER, Jan 25, 2016
  13. Trellum

Awwww that picture is adorable. There is nothing better then warm hugs from our fur kids! :)

Susan Brown, Jan 29, 2016
    Trellum likes this.
  14. Trellum

I had chicken as pets for a while, since I was a little girl and I never had that kind of incident you suggested. But I think most kids know by instinct how they should react if a chicken tries to poke them in their eye or something like that. I'd not worry about it.

Trellum, Jan 29, 2016
  15. Trellum

Awwwwwww!!! So you comfort him when those firecrackers start doing their thing? A funny thing is that this happens to a lot cats ;) My in laws cat is terrified of the sound of firecrackers. Last time I was there he lied next to me in bed. No hugs though.

Trellum, Jan 29, 2016
Ask a Question