My house, my cat, my rules!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, I loved this! I should really print this and put it in a frame, right in the lvinig room, lol!

[​IMG]

Trellum, Jul 2, 2015
    icekat likes this.
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Trellum, I love this post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it. It really made me smile. People who aren't cat lovers would never get it. I am definitely going to print it off and frame it. I will put it up at the front entrance of my home. Nothing irks me more then people who come to my home and then complain about my cats or about cat hair.

Susan Brown, Jul 6, 2015
  3. Trellum

icekat Active Member

I love this! It says everything I believe! It reminds me of a visitor we had once, an official type. He brought a cup of McDonald's coffee in with him, and sat down in an armchair to conduct business. Our cat Oreo couldn't resist sneaking up beside him, and reaching out to grab his coffee. To his credit, he was unfazed by it, and just laughed it off. He didn't even drop his cup. LOL That could have ended badly with some people, especially if they didn't love cats.

icekat, Jul 17, 2015
  4. Trellum

Glad you liked it :) I thought some bits were kinda harsh, but other than that I thought it was a great set of rules. Glad to hear things went well with that person :p It could have certainly gone south if he wasn't the kind of person who likes or tolerates cats. Just like my mom, she kinda hates cats :(

Trellum, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Trellum

Glad you liked it Susan, I was a bit afraid some of you would find some bits of this kinda harsh. Glad you didn't! And yes, it irks me when that happens, specially if they expect the cat to move from the seat! The cat was first, why should he move? Would they ask anther person to move from a seat just because they want to sit right there? Of course not! Our cats deserve a lot respect, they're important to us :) They're another family member, people should be mindful of that, ad they surely will you you print and frame this ;)

Trellum, Jul 17, 2015
  6. Trellum

Eaow Well-Known Member

The last rule rocks! Should be enough warning to keep pesky neighbors away:D. I like all the rules in there as they make a lot of fun sense.

Eaow, Aug 30, 2015
  7. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

This is super neat. I think I am ending my posts on these high notes. I have a confession to make. The times I found my cat on the counters quietly found it funny.

Anne, Sep 5, 2015
  8. Trellum

@Anne Hhaahaha, you should see my mom's reaction when I told her my in laws are ok leaving their cat get on the counter are even the table, she was so disgusted. It's just she comes from a sephardic family, her mom had a weird view about cats and dogs :p

Trellum, Sep 10, 2015
  9. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

I usually don't talk about it a lot but I found Twinkle on the dining room table once or twice and did nothing about it. Whenever my husband was around I would work with him and get Twinkle down to make it appear we were on the same page. I even took a picture of him sitting there. I found it so cute. I'm ways wiping counters and cleaning so I never found it a big deal. That cat had me good. Sometimes when I was eating alone he'd sit in a chair right next to me like my son or husband. It was so cute in my opinion and I was trying to teach him how to sit there like I would. I had lots of plans for him..................I was typing and feeling like I am whispering about these things I allowed behind everybody's back.

Anne, Sep 17, 2015
  10. Trellum

@Anne He was your little boy, so of course you wanted to pamper him and found it so cute when he did that ;D I personally don't find it so disgusting as my mom does, my mom is a bit extreme and thinks cats and dogs shouldn't be allowed inside. For her cats are not pets, but vermin extermination systems. She likes dogs more, but also thinks of them as dirty. We are so different actually. My Egyptian friend is more like her, he should be her son, not me, hahahaha.

Trellum, Sep 20, 2015
  11. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

:):):) I didn't let my mom know how broken up I was when Twinkle passed. I remember she had mentioned that my sister who died had cried for a cat she had that died when I was still a child. I had no memory of any of it and wished I could talk to my sister about it. I think my mom is better than your mom when it comes to pets. She does not necessarily think I should have them in the house but she'll accept it. She accepts it's my rules, my pets and my house. She takes care of the 10 or 12 dogs at the house and was quite sad when some went missing recently. I can see her feeding a cat if it keeps coming around.

Anne, Sep 26, 2015
  12. Trellum

@Anne My mom never liked the idea of keeping pets indoors, but now she seems to be opening up to the idea of getting a small dog and keep it indoors to have some company once I move out from the country. I told her it was a good idea to do this... so she is not alone during the night.

Trellum, Sep 27, 2015
  13. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

My mom sucks her teeth when she hears me talking to my girls but I know they will grow on her. In connection with Twinkle I know she knew it would hurt, I just never let her know how much. I've been thinking about him so much these days. Thankfully I have some photos.

Anne, Oct 9, 2015
  14. Trellum

CrazyCatLady74 Member

Thank you Trellum for sharing "My House, My Cat My Rules." I absolutely loved it. I want to get a copy of that and stick it on the wall by my front door. I consider my cats a part of the family. To me they are an equivalent to kids and they will be treated as such. I love them and will not allow a visitor that comes into my home tell me what to do with my cats. For example, My husband has a friend that is allergic to cats and I told him to tell his friend to either take an allergy pill or just not come over.

CrazyCatLady74, May 29, 2016
Ask a Question