Maine Coon

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Animachine, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Animachine

tajnz Well-Known Member

I also think it's great to see women with strong fighter spirits. I find strong older women incredibly inspring as a young female. As for men though I prefer them to have personalities like the Maine Coon ha ha.:D Gentle, loyal and friendly. I wonder if there is a link between peoples taste in crushes and romantic partners and the personality of their pets? Anyhow that's kind of off topic .. back to talk of Maine Coon.

tajnz, Jun 30, 2012
  2. Animachine

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Right. Let's get back on topic. And the topic is about Maine Coon. Which is a cat. So I wouldn't be going off-topic if I say that a person's personality does have influence on the kind of cats he likes. That's assuming that he and his cat are constant companions. Family cats do not count.

Victor Leigh, Jun 30, 2012
  3. Animachine

Leroy and Ava Well-Known Member

I have my Leroy who is maine coon and Is 2 years old and very big for his age always has been.
    Ava is maine coon crossed with persian chinccila.

Leroy and Ava, Sep 20, 2012
  4. Animachine

[​IMG]

Me holding Leroy

[​IMG]

Ava

5. Animachine

They are a fantastic cat I love them. They have 3 layers of thick coat and the top layer is water proof...they came from maine in America thats why they are called maine coon...There tail is huge a thick so when they sit in the snow it keeps there bum warm and so it keeps them warm when they are asleep. They have thick tuffts between the toes wich come out onto the bottom off there feet to keep there feet warm when walking on snow.
    They churp when they are happy and to say they are in the room and it is a form off communication with other maine coons.

They are VERY intelligent Leroy knows how to open doors and he understands ever single word that comes out of my mouth...he loves webox and will shout web web at the cuboard door for one. When we play with his toy mouse I chuck it to him but before I do I ask him to catch it with 1 or 2 paws and he will catch the mouse with 1 poor if I ask 1 and 2 if I ask 2.

He will put his toys sometimes back in his toy box and will sometimes bring a toy up to bed on a night.

He's full off it and so comical so is Ava and when I laugh he loves it and he will do stuff to try and make me laugh more =]

He has such a huge heart and Is very loveing and loves to be cuddled like a baby...a big baby;)

They both get involved in everything I do and follow me alover 24/7.

Ava is lovely girl so sweet, careing. funny and energetic..
    If we sneez she will run over shouting to see if your ok.
    She doe'snt like Leroy near the biscuits because he will eat them all so she places a toy over the top off the bowl haha to cover the buiscuits.
    She will sit on my shoulder while I walk around the house.
    And she also understands every word that comes out of my mouth.

Maine coons are a fantastic cat and are gental giants....boys can grow as big as a wild bob cat between 20-40 pounds and females 20 at the most.

Leroy if you put him on my back is the full lengh and size of my back and thats not includeing his tail.The tail of a maine coon grows the lengh of it's body. He is the lenght of my kichen table and is only 2years old he won't stop growing till 5years.

6. Animachine

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Both of them are gorgeous!! How heavy are they?

Epicfied, Sep 29, 2012
  7. Animachine

Im not sure Ava is actuly light but Leroy is like picking up a heavy dungbell.

Leroy and Ava, Oct 2, 2012
  8. Animachine

Becky Well-Known Member

Gorgeous photos, and they both sound like they have great personalities! I just looked up some YouTube videos about the 'chirping' thing - I never knew they did that!

Becky, Oct 3, 2012
  9. Animachine

Oh yeah it's a beautiful sound to here...I get here them everday as they churp more than they meow. Its sound like you stud in a exsotic jungle the noises they come out with. Beautiful.:D

Leroy and Ava, Oct 3, 2012
  10. Animachine

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

This my Maine Coon Paris...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Daintipawz, Oct 6, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  11. Animachine

steph84 Well-Known Member

Hahaha that Paris Hilton picture just takes the cake. I have a Maine Coon and boy let me tell you that they are a lot of work. All of the matting is so difficult to keep up with sometimes. I tell my friends that I spend more time on my cat's hair than on my own.

steph84, Oct 12, 2012
  12. Animachine

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

Thankyou, yes we thought a pic of our Paris with Paris Hilton would be good.

Our Paris never matts, I groom her daily in the morning and that's all she needs. She is an indoor cat, I guess if she went out then she would get matts. None of our longhaired cats get matts in their fur so maybe it is something to do with humidity in certain areas? If some homes are very humid then their fur could get matts, just a thought, there must be something in it.

Daintipawz, Oct 24, 2012
  13. Animachine

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

I love Maine Coon cats. A friend of mine at work has an older Maine Coon and he's such a gentle giant. I'm not sure how I'd feel having a cat THAT big though, my cat Bunny is the biggest cat I've ever owned weighing in at a little over 14lbs. You'd certainly need to have the space for them, especially if you have other cats in the house.

msmonkeyfeet, Oct 28, 2012
  14. Animachine

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Wow those are some really big cats and they are gorgeous. My son thinks his cat is part Maine Coon because he is so big and solid. He doesn't have the characteristics of one though. He is not fat he is just so big and solid.

Beth

Beth23, Nov 1, 2012
  15. Animachine

steph84 Well-Known Member

So big! I love how big and fluffy they are! I just want to bite them all. My aunt had a huge Maine Coon and would just like to hang around her neck.

steph84, Nov 2, 2012
  16. Animachine

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

All these pictures and stories of Maine Coons have sparked off an idea in my head. The majority of the people in Malaysia are cat lovers. So far, the trend is to get a Persian. However, after seeing all the Maine Coons here, I think it might be an idea to introduce the Maine Coon here. So how much is a breeding pair?

Victor Leigh, Nov 4, 2012
  17. Animachine

Trellum Well-Known Member

I love the maine coon cats, almost as much as I love the way Norwegian forest cats look (sorry, but my fav one will always be the Norwegian forest cat). I dream of having either a coon or a Norwegian forest cat one day, I guess I'll end up with a coon, because in Europe I heard Norwegian forest cats are super expensive.

Trellum, May 2, 2015
  18. Animachine

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I would love to have one of these cats. They are so beautiful and so big. I love a big cat. Although for me all cats are beautiful, this breed is one of my favorites. Love all the pictures, thank you for sharing.

Susan Brown, Jan 10, 2016
Ask a Question