Long or short nails?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

What is your preference girls? If you anyone had asked me some years ago how I kept my nails I'd have said short :) Some months ago I stopped biting my nails :) My nails are are long and beautiful now :) Now I have this new hobby of looking for manicure ideas. I'm loving the idea of using stamping templates! Just check those designs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trellum, Apr 25, 2015
  2. Trellum

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

OH! Go you! I tend to keep my nail on the long side, but with summer approaching and being out in the flower field, the nails must be kept short! Nothing worse than a broken finger nail! Ouch!

Now, if I had to choose from all these lovely pictures, I prefer the ones with just the end of the nails painted. Kind of usual. Kind of like an understated elegance! Yes. I think I would sport the look with the beige color nail polish with the black tips. Oh la la!

Herman&Eddie, Apr 27, 2015
  3. Trellum

I like that one as well :) I'm getting a lot into this new matte trend, but spring is already here and soon will summer, so I might go with the neon trend ;) That is also dominating the clothing realm right now... at least during the hot months... Check those:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Normally I don't wear crazy designs and colors on my nails, but Neon is really in this season and I always feel so frisky during spring/summer ;) Time to be fun!

P.S No idea how I will garden with these long nails, guess am going to wear gardening gloves. Which I hate because i actually like to feel the dirty... lol.

Trellum, Apr 27, 2015
  4. Trellum

Natalie89 Member

I used to bite my nails when I was younger, then I got some acrylics for a wedding that I played piano at the ceremony for (they took photos of my hands playing and have them in their wedding album.. so strange!) and I LOVED how they looked when I played, and then when I went to work after the weekend I liked the 'tap' sound I made when I typed.
    So now I keep them nice and relatively long. I'm lucky they're quite strong so I don't have to do much to keep them healthy. I've always been quite artsy so the trend for nail art is right up my street too :)

Natalie89, Jun 22, 2015
  5. Trellum

Had you been biting them for very long? Do you have a long or short nail bed? I ask because I think I'd have really long nail bed if it wasn't because I damaged them in the past by bitting my nails so badly. The nail bed is still long, but not as long as it should be :(

Trellum, Jun 26, 2015
Ask a Question