Is the breed of a cat important to you?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Trellum, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I hope someday Anne you will get to the point where you can find another kitty to love. You were such a good mom to Twinkle and you have so much love that another cat would be so lucky to be welcomed into your home. There are so many cats out there who need a loving home and in time you may be able to make a different in another kitty's life. You will know when the time is right and when you have met that special one.

Susan Brown, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Trellum

casey84 Active Member

I've literally never had a special breed of cat. I've always got rescues that were just labeled as domestic short hairs - no special breed, just a mix!

To me it's not about the breed but more about how their personality seems, and whether I think they'd be a good fit for our household!

casey84, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Trellum

cluckeyo Active Member

I have never tried to formally own a cat. Cats generally adopt me. We live on a farm and I always have cats. They just appear, so I feed them and they stay. Daisy actually came in through a small hole in the floor under the bathtub, when he was a kitten. That night, in the middle of the night, Valentine started barking her head off! So we got up and went in the living room and there he was, adorable as ever, standing in the middle of the floor. I fed him, and the rest is history! So no, I don't care about breeds.

cluckeyo, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Trellum

kathycat12 Member

I have a few stray cat and they are easy to handle and maintain. I get used to it for so many years but if I want to adopt a special breed, maybe the way that I need to take care of the cat will change totally.

kathycat12, Sep 8, 2018
Ask a Question