If you won the lottery?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 2, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

What would you do if you won the lottery?

I would buy a ranch some place where it stays pretty warm year around. I would also love to take all my kids and grand kids to Disney World. Depending on how much I won I would also like to buy my kids nice houses and donate some to help animals. The rest I might invest somehow.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 2, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I'd pay off my house and car and make all of the changes/upgrades to my house that I've been wanting to make (new flooring, completely overhauling the master bathroom, etc.).

Then I'd probably donate a lot of money to plantabillion.org, put aside a chunk for my son's college, and invest the rest and live off the proceeds.

Wallie0921, Feb 3, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

Belligerent Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I would buy a really nice house and car.. lots of animals. I would donate to a few charities and give money to my friends and family. Invest the rest.

Belligerent, Feb 8, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

I would buy a new house, turn my old house into rental rooms and offer then to people who have been abused and needed help. I would also help animals that have been abused and they just need someone to love and care for them. I would help find homes and do what I could for my family.

Wahcashmom, Feb 9, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

amy005 Well-Known Member

If I won the lottery I would fix up my mothers house so she can sell it. Then I would help her buy a new home and buy myself a home. I would also go on a vacation to someplace warm and probably buy myself and my loved ones new cars.

amy005, Feb 16, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

I would buy a big house in the country with an indoor pool, a library and somewhere my husband could set up a proper recording studio. I would also incorporate a cat rescue centre :)

magickat, Feb 17, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

LOL! I won $100 dollars on Saturday! I used to $10 buy more lottery tickets and put $90 back in my tornado shelter fund. We 're hoping to have a tornado shelter installed before tornado season hits. Although, in Oklahoma we've had tornadoes in February.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 14, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

steph84 Well-Known Member

Wow, congrats SheWolfSilver! The most I even won on a scratcher was $2. lol I would use the winnings to pay off my student loans, buy condo in New York City and take a trip to Paris. I would invest whatever is left over.

steph84, Mar 14, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

If I won the lottery? You mean the first prize? The first prize here is a million dollars. So that's a lot of money. Enough to buy a largish piece of land. And make a home for homeless cats. And homeless dogs, too. Homeless naked apes may be considered on a case by case basis.

Victor Leigh, Mar 14, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

nicola Active Member

I'd buy a house in Eastbourne.
    Have loads more cats.

nicola, Mar 19, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

kinser Active Member

I'd pay off all debt, buy a great house and furnish it with the best, invest, and travel.

kinser, Apr 20, 2012
  12. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

On second thoughts, I think I will buy a superbike, load it up and finally get to see the world. Have wheel, will travel. I am thinking of getting something like this:
    [​IMG]

The skimpy trailer at the back is optional. Still considering my options whether to get a big model or a small one.

Victor Leigh, Apr 20, 2012
  13. SheWolfSilver

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

I would buy a new car, a house and save some. I would also give some of my money to my parents and charaty =)

BeautifulAngel, Jun 8, 2012
  14. SheWolfSilver

steph84 Well-Known Member

I would pay off my student loans, buy a house and a car. I would probably go into hiding too so that media would leave me alone and some "long lost relatives" wouldn't pop up to ask for money.

steph84, Jun 18, 2012
  15. SheWolfSilver

blackcapped Active Member

Honestly, I'd go to a better college. I'm not proud of my education, and I only decided to attend this university because my scholarships covered everything. I'd also like to buy my dad a nicer home and pay off my mom's debt. Then, I'd love to travel.

blackcapped, Jul 17, 2012
  16. SheWolfSilver

Beth23 Well-Known Member

I would pay off all my bills. I know doesn't sound exciting but times have been tough and it would be such a relief. Then if I won a really good amount I would quit my job and help other people who have been hit in the economy. I like helping people, it gives me joy.

Beth23, Aug 12, 2012
  17. SheWolfSilver

footballtim Well-Known Member

My wife is disabled. She has Multiple Sclerois, and she cannot take care of herself. She also cannot do any housework including cleaning up after herself. If I won the lottery, I would pay off my debts, retire, and hire my wife her own personal maid.

footballtim, Sep 11, 2012
  18. SheWolfSilver

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

If I won the lottery I'd pay off all my parents' bills first, then my sister's and then mine and then whatever money was left over I'd buy a nice house in the woods for my son and I and probably various little things, nothing major other than the house though.

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 16, 2012
  19. SheWolfSilver

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I would pay off my parents house and other debts first. I would probably do some traveling, as I've never been outside of the US. As far as the living situation is concerned, I would love to buy a large condo in a downtown area of a major city. If not that, I'd probably like to do an extensive floor to ceiling restoration of a historic home, maybe a whole street of homes to spruce up a neighborhood. Some would be donated to the art programs in disadvantaged areas, and some would be donated to various animal charities - particularly ones that deal with animals assisting the disabled. I'd also donate some to LGBT rights groups.

OhioTom76, Sep 16, 2012
  20. SheWolfSilver

Trellum Well-Known Member

I'd go back to school asap, I'd buy my own house and then I'd decide how to invest the rest wisely. Probably putting it inside the bank? Then I'd decide what else to do with the rest of the money. I'd surely buy myself a car, but first I'd pay the hefty fee i need to pay to get a drier's license. So many things I'd do :)

Trellum, Mar 12, 2015
Ask a Question