Here's What Happened To Your Favorite TV Animals

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There isn't much debate that animals are better than people. However, time after time, "where are they now" lists are made strictly for human celebrities.

With recent news stories about animal rights finally bringing our four-legged and finned friends to the forefront, it's time to find out what some of your favorite television animals are up to. See whose career skyrocketed, reminisce about the good times and, more importantly, find out who's still alive.

Here's what happened to your 10 favorite TV animals.

1. The Taco Bell Chihuahua

[​IMG]

Appearing in Taco Bell's 1997 ad campaign, Gidget the chihuahua helped warm our hearts and clog our artieries on the back of her famous catchphrase, "Yo quiero Taco Bell!" Though the ads reportedly led to an overall drop in sales at the fast food chain, the dog was a phenomenon. There were toys, t-shirts, and even "Godzilla" movie tie-ins. (Yeah, it was just the Matthew Broderick one, but still.) The dog was so popular that after the campaign ended in 2000, she went on to star as Bruiser's mom in a film that's probably on everyone's top 10 list, 2003's "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde."

So Where's Gidget Now?

Uh, she dead. After suffering a stroke, Gidget was euthanized at her trainer's home in 2009.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/01/animals-television_n_5696768.html?utm_hp_ref=cats

Trellum, Sep 11, 2014
  2. Trellum

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Oh poor little Gidget. Well she did have a good life. I don't care what anyone says about the Taco Bell Commercials or that they led to drop in sells first of all how do they know this. Anyway, I loved those commercials and found this sweet little dog entertaining. I especially remember the one with the tie in to Godzilla being hilarious. I often wondered what happened to him or should I say her. Now I know, oh well the life span of a dog isn't that long, I should of known that by now the sweet little dog would have died. But as I said above she had a good life.

pafjlh, Jan 8, 2015
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Some dogs get to live 20 years ;) I feel the same way tho, it is sad to hear your fav animal celeb died, I felt also sad when I read about the dog from the k-9 movie a while ago.

Trellum, Feb 2, 2015
Ask a Question