Ebola-Infected Nurse’s Dog Tests Negative

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bentley, the dog belonging to Ebola-infected Dallas nurse Nina Pham, has tested negative for the deadly virus. He has been in quarantine for the last 11 days, but now that he is in the clear and Pham is recovering, the two will be reunited very soon.

“The test results show that Bentley has tested negative for the virus,” Dallas city officials said in a statement. “Specimen collection will be conducted again before the end of the 21-day quarantine period. Bentley will be monitored for a full 21-day period, similar to people exposed to the Ebola virus.”

Last week we told you about poor Bentley, who had to be taken from his family to prevent the spread of Ebola should he have contracted it from Pham. But everyone concerned was working to make sure that, if healthy, he would be returned.

“When I met with her parents, they said, ‘This dog is important to her, Judge. Don’t let anything happen to the dog. If that dog has to be The Boy in the Plastic Bubble, we’re going to take good care of that dog,’” Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins told USA Today.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/10/ebola-infected-nurses-dog-tests-negative/

Trellum, Oct 23, 2014
  2. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

This made for some interesting reading. I wonder how everything turned out with this story. It was quite moving what an important role her dog played in her life even in the face of this terrible illness. We pet lovers can relate to this I am sure.

Well I paused to check and see what I could find on this story and what progress has been made. Follow the link and see how the two reunited. Quite a story in the making.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/02/us/ebola-pham-bentley-reunion/

Anne, Dec 11, 2014
  3. Trellum

wahmed Active Member

Ebola really terrifies me. We are dealing with a deadly and uncontrollable disease. What I don't understand is that why did the UN chose not to call it an epidemic sooner. The disease could by stopped or culled faster. Even the big guns make mistakes.

wahmed, Mar 23, 2015
  4. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Sadly things didn't go so well for the nurse who tested positive for Ebola in Spain, not for her dog at least. They didn't even test him, they just sacrificed the poor thing! But this happened before, I guess Americans took note of this and decided they'd not make the same mistake Spain did.

Trellum, Mar 24, 2015
Ask a Question