Do your cats shed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SheWolfSilver, Jan 27, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

blackcapped Active Member

No, our cats are not declawed. I have never had a huge problem with the cats scratching though. Our youngest went through a phase where she scratched some, but she never damaged anything.

blackcapped, Jul 18, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is how I end up feeling sometimes after cleaning up fur. I don't know how our cats have any fur left!

Jessi, Jul 26, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

You don't have to wonder any more. This is how the cat looked like after you have finished cleaning up the fur.
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Jul 28, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

My kitten does not shed, I'm really surprised that I don't find any cat hair anywhere.

BeautifulAngel, Jul 30, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

dashboardc33 Active Member

Yes! My cat sheds like crazy. I make a point to brush her once a week and I still find miscellaneous cat hair all over the house. It is bright white, so it really sticks out too! I should probably be brushing my cat more often than this. What is the recommended amount of time and frequency you should brush your cat?

dashboardc33, Jul 31, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lmao Victor. That has got to be one of the ugliest creatures I have ever seen.

Dashboard, I don't think there is a recommended amount of time or anything. Brush them when they need it...or you want to. You're not going to do any harm by doing it for an extended amount of time.

Jessi, Jul 31, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

I had a hard time figuring out where its eyes were. If there is an Ugliest Cat Contest, I think it would be a top favorite to clinch the title.

Victor Leigh, Jul 31, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

Jessi Well-Known Member

Are we sure that's even a cat? I think it might be a dog instead.

Jessi, Aug 1, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

I really don't know. It's supposed to be a Sphynx kitten, although that particular one does look more hairless and more wrinkled than usual.
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Aug 2, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

Beth23 Well-Known Member

As long as we brush them daily the shedding stays under control but skip a day or two and you start to see it right away.

Something people don't think about when they have shedding animals is their ventilation systems. We have forced hot air which sucks air in from the house heats it and blows it out the vents. My husband works in HVAC so he cleans them twice a year. You should see the hair down in those vents. Its incredible. He put the camera down the intake vent to show me and I almost fainted.

Beth

Beth23, Aug 19, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

No, thank goodness. My friend has 3 cats that all shed pretty heavily and every time I visit there I've got cat hair in my nose, stuck to my drink glass, all over my clothes. It sucks. I like the cats, but after petting them for a bit I got hair all over me.

OhioTom76, Sep 13, 2012
  12. SheWolfSilver

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Yes, so much hair! My guys are fluffballs!

Scottyxx, Sep 19, 2012
  13. SheWolfSilver

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

I just use a small rubber brush that I bought at my local farmstore. Zod loves being stroked and groomed, so I can literally sit there for ages and groom all the loose fuzz off him, whilst he twists and turns and purrs himself into oblivion. His fuzz is very fine, so if I don't groom him often enough, it floats about in the air, and lands in really annoying places like my cup of TEA. :confused:

Evilsprinkles, Sep 20, 2012
  14. SheWolfSilver

Trellum Well-Known Member

My back cat Bob sheds only a little bit! It's almost nothing, but I can still find his hair almost everywhere. He is a short haired black cat tho, so isn't much a problem. I think this kind of cats don't tend to shed a lot, but the long haired ones... they must be a totally different story.

Trellum, Mar 29, 2015
Ask a Question