Do you have any other pets, besides cats?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Wahcashmom, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Wahcashmom

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I had a goldfish for several years that passed away not long ago and I have a Jack Russell terrier that I take care of for an elderly relative who went senile.
    I always thought of myself as just a cat person, but I've grown fond of the dog too.

ACSAPA, Oct 2, 2012
  2. Wahcashmom

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Do squirrels count? We have a whole back yard full of them because my family leaves a buffet of nuts and peanut butter sandwiches out there for them. We had guppies for a while too. Won them at a fair (like 4 of them), within a short amount of time there was like 50 of them, then they started inbreeding too much and forming "freak guppies" that were crooked and deformed. We lost almost all of them when we tried to get an aquarium for them and the water filter was apparently too strong and not meant for smaller fish.

OhioTom76, Oct 12, 2012
  3. Wahcashmom

steph84 Well-Known Member

I also have two dogs. I have an Irish Setter named Marley and a small border terrier/chihuahua mix named Ug. Marley is around 3 years old and Ug is almost 15 years old.

steph84, Oct 15, 2012
  4. Wahcashmom

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, apart from my adorable Bob I happen to own two dogs as well :) One of them is a 3 years old pug, and the another one is a standard schnauzer, a salt and pepper one :) She is so lovely! I might consider getting an aquarium with my boyfriend in the future as well :)

Trellum, Jan 8, 2014
  5. Wahcashmom

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

I have 5 fishes, Pirate,snowball,goldy #1,goldy #2, and tyga ( Goldy #1 and goldy #2 were named by my 6 year old nephew). In addition, I have thirteen hamsters ( My hamster, Peanut Butter had twelve little babies and I haven't got the chance to name all of them, if anyone has any names they would recommend, that would be great) also my Parakeet , Tweetie, and my african grey bird, Boss plus my two great cats, Mocha And His Brother, Latte.

Wow, is my house full of pets, But I Love All Of Them Equally and they deserve the money.

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
  6. Wahcashmom

GeeTee Member

I have a two dogs (male and female) and one cat (male). The cat and the female dog get along (finally), but he and the male dog are not the best of friends. I think the male dog bugs the cat because he's so big, heavy, playful, and overall have this dominant appearance. The male dog on the other hand seem to can't understand why that little four-footed furry animal seem to get so much privilege - walking in and out of the house at will, laying down in laps and getting petted ect. Those were the same issues the female dog had with him why she never liked him very much.

GeeTee, Jul 8, 2016
  7. Wahcashmom

casey84 Active Member

Just one dog and one cat here. They keep each other company and they are honestly like the best of friends. I need to try and get a picture of them the next time they're napping together. It's adorable - they snuggle up to each other and all!

casey84, Jul 15, 2016
  8. Wahcashmom

Valerie Active Member

I presently don't have any pets, which is a major bummer. But since I'd recently moved to another country, I'm waiting to get settled in before deciding on a companion. However, in the past I have simultaneously owned cats, dogs, hamsters, gerbils, fish and rehabilitated oodles of wildlife.

Valerie, Jul 15, 2016
  9. Wahcashmom

Kaca1 New Member

Cat opens the window using only her paws! :O

Kaca1, Jul 20, 2016
  10. Wahcashmom

cluckeyo Active Member

I have 2 cats, a dog, and a few quail. Normally the quail would be considered livestock, but these particular quail have become pets as they are past egg laying age and have been released from their cages, onto the floor to enjoy the rest of their lives in somewhat freedom.

cluckeyo, Jul 21, 2016
  11. Wahcashmom

Anne Well-Known Member

This is quite an old thread but I have lost my cat and I am left with the loves of my life Reba the Rottie and three mixed smaller dogs.

Anne, Jul 21, 2016
  12. Wahcashmom

Neo Member

I have my 2 Golden Retrievers. Although I really love cats, I had to also had my favorite breed of dog because I love them to. Having many animals is pretty fun, you get to experience living with different species.

I still want to have my own reptile collection, as well as other animals because I seen some people who showcase their animals on youtube, and it seems like something really fun to do.

Neo, Aug 10, 2016
  13. Wahcashmom

Anne Well-Known Member

Your own reptiles? Which ones especially? I am terrified of many if not all but I admire people who can embrace them. Some years ago a friend brought a small snake to the store and while I was terrified, I was fascinated at the same time. Here in the Caribbean snakes are not something you see everyday. You almost never see them but this one was pretty and I looked from a distance even though it was harmless.
    Since my cat passed, I have another dog bringing the number to four. I might have mentioned it before.

Anne, Aug 10, 2016
  14. Wahcashmom

cluckeyo Active Member

I have my sweet little chihuahua, Valentine. She is actually the boss. She keeps my cat in line, even though he is twice her size. I also have several quail. The quail I have now are retired from egg laying. I have them in a room, much like an aviary. With a big 20ft expanse of south exposure windows. When I retire them, I turn them out on the floor to live out the rest of their lives. Then the new ones go into the cages because they lay eggs better in the cages. Right now I would say I have about 10 quail, all retired.

cluckeyo, Aug 10, 2016
  15. Wahcashmom

Neo Member

Oh no, I don't actually have reptiles, but I do want to collect the,. I just watched a lot of updates from people who's collection I saw on youtube. They have some nice lizard, and things like geicos and bearded dragons. I think they are super cool.

This one guy had this big 3 foot lizard, and it was beautiful, i wanted it bad.

Neo, Aug 16, 2016
  16. Wahcashmom

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Over the years I have had many different pets. Rabbits, ducks, goats, dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs and even a pig but right now I only have two cats. I come from a family of animal lovers so we always had animals around. They bring so much joy and happiness to life. I can not even imagine my life without animals in it.

Susan Brown, Aug 16, 2016
Ask a Question