Do you ever cook especially for your cat(s)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by magickat, Feb 18, 2012.

1. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

I often give my cats some titbits from my meals but sometimes I do cook things just for them such as some fish, chicken or scrambled egg. I think it is nice for them to have a variety and healthier to have a more balanced diet.

magickat, Feb 18, 2012
  2. magickat

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I haven't cooked especially for them but they aren't particularly fond of people food. I do give them some turkey on Thanksgiving and ham on Christmas. I gave them some left over shrimp one time thinking they would enjoy it and they wouldn't even touch it. :confused:

SheWolfSilver, Feb 19, 2012
  3. magickat

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

When I have had sick kitty's with upper resp infections, something very common for the shelter kitty's to leave the shelter with, I have cooked them chicken to entice them to eat. it is usually not a lack of hunger that prevents kitty's with a cold or upper resp infection that prevents them from eating, it is the loss of their sense of smell that prevents them from eating in most cases. If they can not smell the food they will not eat, home cooked chicken or tuna fish helps to get them eating again.

Micheleteresa, Feb 19, 2012
  4. magickat

Carolinagirl Member

I cook my cats shrimp separate from the rest of ours. I do this because my cat does not like all the seasoning that I put on the shrimp. I have a very picky cats, who want eat most human food. The only thing she likes is peanut butter sandwiches (tore in bite size pieces), shrimp, and can tune (in water). If you purchase can Tuna in oil she will refuse to eat it.

Carolinagirl, Feb 19, 2012
  5. magickat

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Yes, I have cooked for them and my dog a couple times. I like to buy liver or chicken and cook it for them. It makes their coats look so pretty, and they love it! I only do it about once a month.

Wahcashmom, Feb 20, 2012
  6. magickat

amy005 Well-Known Member

I do not because I find my animals tend to throw up human food. I do not see the point in cooking for them if they are just going to throw it up. The food they are giving has all the nutrients they need. I find it similar to feeding babies.. babies have a particular diet they should have and so do my pets. That is just my opinion though.

amy005, Feb 21, 2012
  7. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

Oooh, i hadn't though about giving them liver but I'm sure they will love it.....lucky cats in for a tasty dinner tonight lol

magickat, Feb 21, 2012
  8. magickat

Shole Member

Not specially for my cat but I cook for me and it :) I cook some really good meat and we eat till we can't anymore I find it funny when my cat looks like it swallowed a balloon lol! :D

Shole, Feb 21, 2012
  9. magickat

nicola Active Member

Sophie loves fresh chicken when we have chicken stir fry.
    She loves ham aswell.

nicola, Mar 16, 2012
  10. magickat

Leroy and Ava Well-Known Member

I have cooked fish for my two before and get prawns in for leroy I've even bought them a fish from the fish and chip shop =]

They have some chicken when I do dinners but at christmas they have bowl of chicken and they like there mams gravy on it too =]]

Leroy and Ava, Sep 22, 2012
  11. magickat

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

I've tried Zod on bits of fish before when we've had it for dinner, but he's not into it. He won't touch meat, and really the only food he will really go for human wise, is dairy. I get him cat milk because I'm conscious that they can't tolerate lactose, but he turns his nose up at pretty much everything. From a freaky point of view he has eaten houmous before.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 22, 2012
  12. magickat

awww bless sounds like he abit of a fussy eater. Will he only eat sertan cat food?

Leroy and Ava, Sep 22, 2012
  13. magickat

Jessi Well-Known Member

Not usually.

The only time I did was when I made cat treats for them. I tried dehydrating fish for them. I had just gotten a dehydrator and wanted to see if I could use up the last bit of some fish.

Jessi, Sep 23, 2012
  14. magickat

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I have occasionally cooked a little bit of chicken or turkey for my cat and cut it up for her. It's not a regular habit because I don't want her to get used to eating people food all the time.

ACSAPA, Sep 23, 2012
  15. magickat

I just like to give them abit of a treat every now and again...it's nice for them =]]

Leroy and Ava, Sep 24, 2012
  16. magickat

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Nope. Our cats are very picky and won't eat any table food. It's bizarre adjusting to this, because I came from having 3 dogs that wouldn't leave you alone if you had any kind of food in your hand.

OhioTom76, Oct 1, 2012
  17. magickat

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

I am going to start making my own food for my cats, so I will make that only for them, probably with chicken or beef.

Scottyxx, Oct 1, 2012
  18. magickat

TheBrit Member

Have put down scraps for the two ferrals that have the run of my apartment but they never seem that interested. There are always bowels of cat biscuits down for them anyway.
    Strangely when we have a new arrival of tourists on the complex they can be seen sitting below the balcony waiting for scraps to be thrown to them.
    Mmm, maybe it's my cooking.

TheBrit, May 25, 2013
  19. magickat

jules Active Member

My cat is a very picky eater that does not even like wet food unless it is tuna so I never cook anything for it. It likes to smell the food we are eating but it never tries to eat from it. I have tried giving him different flavored cat food like shrimp but he does not like it and just sticks to dry food with the occasional tuna treat.

jules, May 29, 2013
  20. magickat

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

You're lucky. It's probably so much easier to sit down and enjoy a meal when you don't have little critters begging for your food.
    My small dog even follows me around when I have cake. He doesn't know what cake is but he's smart enough to figure out that it's food.

ACSAPA, Jun 24, 2013
Ask a Question