Cats in the movies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by magickat, Jan 27, 2012.

1. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

My husband was watching a clip from The Aristocats the other day and it got me thinking about cats in the movies. i remember watching The Incredible Journey as a child which had a Siamese cat in it and a Stephen King short story which had a cat trying to protect a little girl from a goblin :)

magickat, Jan 27, 2012
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  2. magickat

Trellum Well-Known Member

To be honest I haven't seen a lot cats in movies, and the ones I have seen were in the role of villains or semi villains. Most of the time it's the dogs that get the nice roles. For some reason are seen as bad and mean, just like Dobermans and Rotties. Kinda sad when I think about it.

Trellum, Apr 8, 2015
  3. magickat

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Oh, cats do tend to get the raw deal, when it comes to taking the back seats to dogs in the movies. I had never thought about that before; however, there is that great comedy, Meet the Parents! Now that cat was super cool!

I loved how the father treated the cat with such respect. There was no doubt, that was one smart cat! lol I felt so bad, when the cat ran away, and all the turmoil the future son-in-law went through. I must say, it was pretty funny, when he brought home the wrong cat.

As I was writing this, I could not for the life of me remember the name of that cat. Now, I remember! Mr Jinx! Oh dear, and their proves your point, Trellum. The cat still kind of got the role of a villain with a name like that! :D

Herman&Eddie, Apr 8, 2015
  4. magickat

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh loll, yeah, i have watched that movie! With Adam Zandler, right? Hahahaha, it was funny how fast things can go wrong! And if I'm not mistaken that was the cat that was trained to use the bathroom and even flush it, no? Lol, some years later I watched a parody.

Trellum, Apr 9, 2015
  5. magickat

Elle_Cook New Member

I also watched this film. In general, I love all works related to animals.

Elle_Cook, Jan 29, 2024
Ask a Question