CatHow is now on Pinterest

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Becky, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

CatHow is now on Pinterest! :)

http://pinterest.com/cathowforums/

We are just starting out at the moment, but the idea is that in time it will be an ongoing collection of funny cat pictures, beautiful photos of cats, and anything else that takes our interest.

I was thinking it might also be nice to start a board showing photos of member's cats posted in the 'Meet My Cat' forum section - what are your thoughts on this?

It would be great to have your feedback!

Becky, Oct 3, 2012
  2. Becky

Jessi Well-Known Member

What a great idea! I followed you on Pinterest.

As for the cats in the "meet my cat" section, I wonder if you need permission for that? If they post them publicly on the board, you technically have rights to use them, right? Or do you need approval?

Jessi, Oct 3, 2012
  3. Becky

steph84 Well-Known Member

Just checked out the page and it's cute so far! I love the snobby cat that says "Proceed!" That is so true! My cat is so regal like that. Loving it, but now I just need to make an account.

steph84, Oct 12, 2012
  4. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Thanks for following! Sorry for the slow reply, had a manic week and then was away for a hen party.

I was thinking the same about the user permissions - I might put something in the forum description (the bit where it currently says "Miao! Introduce your cat to everyone else here") and only do it for photos added after the change is made. Of course if anyone specifically says they want their cat added to our Pinterest board then I will! :)

Becky, Oct 15, 2012
  5. Becky

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think that's a good idea, Becky. Maybe also put an announcement at the top for a little while that says you're looking for permission to use some of the old ones? Anybody who is still here can go find their threads and state their permissions, which should make it pretty easy for you to gather lots of photos. :)

Jessi, Oct 16, 2012
  6. Becky

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

You can post my pictures no problem if you want to!

Scottyxx, Oct 16, 2012
  7. Becky

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I don't have pinterest yet but I hear good things about it. Might be worth giving it a shot, especially if it has fun cat stuff on it!

Yolanda, Nov 17, 2012
Ask a Question