Cat superstitions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by magickat, Nov 30, 2011.

1. magickat

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's even more scary. Imagine a two-headed, eight-legged spider. The size of a cat! You would need a swatter somewhat bigger than a tennis racket to swat that.

Victor Leigh, Jan 15, 2012
  2. magickat

magickat Well-Known Member

And they look so cute cuddled up together, big brother taking care of his little sister, it's so adoreable lol

magickat, Jan 16, 2012
  3. magickat

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

I read a very interesting article about a cat who lives in a hospice. This cat roams freely throughout and when it jumps up on the bed of a patient and curls up at their side or feet, the end is always very near. After experiencing this phenomenon a few times, and only being able to call the family when the actual medical condition warranted it, the staff decided to call the families as soon as the cat "picks" her patient. Sure enough, it is allowing the families more time with their loved one before the actual medical symptoms are apparent. Isn't that incredible, that the cat can sense that?

I am guessing it is a hospice, but it could be just a nursing home...I will try to find that article.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 24, 2012
  4. magickat

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that there are so many ignorant superstitions about black cats. As a result of that, they are the least likely cats to be adopted.
    When you think about it, it's just as stupid as a human being discriminated against for having red hair.

ACSAPA, Jun 30, 2013
  5. magickat

steph84 Well-Known Member

I don't get the whole black cat superstition. It really angers me that we would be prejudice against an animal based on its coat color. It's absurd. I feel bad for all of those black cats in the cat shelters.

steph84, Jul 5, 2013
  6. magickat

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That's amazing and it's kind of cool that the hospice takes the cat seriously and actually calls the families.

ACSAPA, Jul 5, 2013
  7. magickat

Trellum Well-Known Member

I really don't know a lot superstitions involving cats, but I was told by my mom that black cats were just evil. Some people even believed they were messenger of the evil, and they were always around when something awful was about to happen.

Trellum, Nov 20, 2013
  8. magickat

Trellum Well-Known Member

I own a black cat :D I liked that cat since I saw it because it was all black, all the cat is entirely black :D I personally don't believe in superstitions, but as a kid I saw a very scary looking black cat outside my granma's backyard! I was so scared! I still remember that night.. then my mom told me black cats were linked to bad things :p but to be fair she has never really liked cats.

Trellum, Nov 20, 2013
Ask a Question