Calgary Transit Driver Saves Kitten Trapped in Bus

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

An unexpected and hidden little passenger disrupted service on a Calgary, Alberta bus on Wednesday.

A Calgary Transit bus driver received a bit of a surprise when he pulled out of Anderson Garage at about 6 a.m. Wednesday morning and heard meowing as he traveled to his route along Sarcee Trail.

Driver Massimo Denegri pulled over at 69th Street station and his passengers were transferred to another bus.

After two hours, Calgary Transit staff, with help from Animal and Bylaw Services staff, were able to rescue the small black and white kitten that had crawled into a confined space near the wheel well of the bus.

“I could hear some meowing under the seat, under my bus seat, and I stopped on Sarcee and I looked, couldn’t find the cat, that’s when I called control and I drove up here to 69th Street and they saw the cat under the seat,” said Mr. Denegri.

“It took a couple of hours, the cat was obviously scared, and it’s a young cat, a kitten, so our guys were eventually able to reach in, and it was a very confined space in the bus where it was and they were able to pull it out,” said Ron Collins of Calgary Transit.

No one is sure where the kitten got on the bus, but he appeared, thankfully, to be unharmed.

“The kitten was pretty scared and there was a lot of meowing at the time but he wasn’t hurt,” said Mr. Collins.

http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2014/09/25/calgary-transit-driver-saves-kitten-trapped-in-bus/

Trellum, Sep 25, 2014
    Kay Dougall likes this.
Ask a Question