Bombay cats

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by catlover2, Sep 16, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Bombays are black cats with copper, to greenish eyes. They have glossy black coats and are closely related to the Burmese. they have black noses, toes, and coat. They were first breed in 1958 in Kentucky and were bred to resemble a miniature black panther.

catlover2, Sep 16, 2010
  2. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

I have two bombays and they are so sweet. I love that they do resemble a mini panther. Snicker has the best attitude ever. It is like where ever I land is fine with me. they both love to cuddle with me and my wife and I would not mind gettting another one.

catlover2, Oct 7, 2010
  3. catlover2

quitetenacious Member

I had a Bombay cat that I loved very much when I was a child. I can still remember my mother taking me to buy him in the pet store. He was my one and only ever pet store cat. We had taken in strays before but they often died early of feline leukemia. Mom got this one from the pet store, had him vaccinated and neutered, thinking that since he was from the pet store he would live a long time and she wouldn't have to deal with a grieving child. The cat had a heart attack at age 5 which killed him instantly. I don't know if this is a typical health trait of the Bombays or not.

quitetenacious, Nov 21, 2011
  4. catlover2

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that quitetenacious. I had a maine coone as a child who died of a inheritable heart disease. She was just one year old, jumped up without an obvious reason and dropped dead. I didn't know about it till I came home from school and my parents told me. I am grateful I did not witness it because I think it would have traumatized me to see my cat pass away like this at age twelve. I was told that this is a typical health issue for maine coons, but I am not sure if it's the same for Bombays.

Yolanda, Nov 22, 2011
  5. catlover2

Belligerent Well-Known Member

I love Bombay cats! I hear they have really great personalities, but I've never had one.

[​IMG]

So pretty. :)

Belligerent, Jan 17, 2012
Ask a Question