Big cats

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Jessi, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

We're obviously all cat lovers here....

But are you a big cat lover, too? As in, do you have a special fascination for tigers and lions and whatnot, too? Or do you just like house cats?

Jessi, Oct 26, 2012
  2. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

I also love big cats. Siberian tigers, lions, mountain lions and other large cats are simply beautiful. They're so huge and fascinating. I had an old cat would liked watching big cats on the Discovery channel.

steph84, Oct 30, 2012
  3. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No, I am not really interested in those big cats. Yes, I do admire their beauty but only from afar. What I am more interested in are the big domesticated cats. Like the Savannah and the Bengal.

Victor Leigh, Nov 7, 2012
  4. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

As a child, I always loved big cats, especially snow leopards. I haven't given them much thought in recent years, but I still think they're fantastic creatures! Domestic cats are just better because I can have them in my home without worrying about them eating me. :]

blurinoctober, Jan 8, 2013
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Haha! True....mostly. I have had my domestic cats attack and tear me up quite nicely (ouch), so I'm not sure how much more scared I could be of a bigger one, hehe.

Jessi, Jan 8, 2013
  6. Jessi

Domestic cats can be mean, can't they? They bite and tear, but they're usually playing! They're not actually trying to consume you! I hope. If your cat is trying to eat you, I'd be terrified.

blurinoctober, Jan 9, 2013
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

No doubt!

Actually, a couple years ago when my sister's cat was in heat and hadn't been fixed yet, she really wasn't handling the whole 'change' very well. She was normally the sweetest, most cuddly cat that I had ever seen. We joked about her not being able to walk because she always got carried around and wouldn't even sleep alone...she had to be cuddled up with someone.

Going into heat made her get progressively more aggressive during that time, though, and one day, she completely snapped. She attacked me out of no where, tearing up my face, giving me a blackeye, and forcing me into a corner because even when I tried to shake her off, she'd come back full force. It was scary as heck. Getting her spayed fixed everything, but holy cow, I never would've expected that.

Jessi, Jan 9, 2013
  8. Jessi

WHAT?! Ohmygosh, that's terrifying. Cats can be vicious, but I'd never expect something to that extent! How long were you stuck in the corner hiding from her before she finally backed off or you got someone to help you out?

blurinoctober, Jan 9, 2013
  9. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Only a few minutes. I was alone....the kids were outside thankfully. And I was able to wiggle my way around the room a bit to get a broom. I didn't hit her or anything, but it was enough to keep her back and on the floor instead of climbing up me. She ran off under a table while I called my mom (I was living at home at the time). She came home and ended up getting the cat and putting her in my sister's room until we could get her an appointment. She was immediately back to the normal sweet self as soon as the attack was over, but it wasn't the first time of the aggression, so we couldn't really risk it happening again or to someone else.

Jessi, Jan 10, 2013
  10. Jessi

Wow! That's insane! I'm glad she went back to normal, though, having a cat who does things like that in the house, especially with kids, would not be something anyone should have. I can understand leaving her alone until the problem was fixed, though, it makes sense. An attack like that would terrify anyone and cats can do some real damage!

blurinoctober, Jan 10, 2013
  11. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm incredibly afraid of big cats, specially lions!!! They scare me so much, I've seen so many videos on attacks and so on... the same goes with tigers and other big cats. I think they're nice to look at from a distance tho :) But I'd not say I really like them or admire them.

Trellum, Dec 9, 2013
  12. Jessi

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

I love Cheetah, so do My Mocha And Latte. I think they just have a beautiful coat and I could tell, My cats are just like cheetahs. They Run fast and have quick instinct....I think Lol.;)

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
  13. Jessi

jeskalillis Active Member

I like the big cats! Tigers were always my favorite. I think it is the strength and beauty that draw me in. One of my favorites when going to the zoo as a kid, was visiting the Cats (also the reptiles, for some reason).

jeskalillis, May 7, 2015
Ask a Question