Are you storing your groceries the right way?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, I recently found out we have been storing our onions and other produce the wrong way (in the fridge, when they can live happily in the pantry, lol. Here is a very useful visual guide for those who might be ind doubt:

[​IMG]

Trellum, Jul 26, 2015
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

This is an awesome article and good to know. For the most part I was storing my groceries the correct way but there were a few of them that I didn't know! You learn something new everyday. So glad you posted them! Thanks :)

Susan Brown, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Trellum

I wasn't storing my onions the right way :O My mom always kept them inside the fridge, lol. Just the other day I read is not a good idea to do that, because of the mold and something about their taste changing a bit?

Trellum, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I knew that was the way you were suppose to store onions, that is how my mom always did it, but my fiancee always insisted that we keep them in the fridge. That's the way his mom did I guess. So I was happy to share this article with him. He was quite surprised to by some of the ones listed.

Susan Brown, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Trellum

It's odd,my parents used to store the onions outside the fridge before, I have no idea why they suddenly started storing them in the fridge o_O Sometimes people keep doing everything right their entire lives, then for some reason start doing it all wrong. I'm glad this was helpful to you =D

Trellum, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Trellum

icekat Active Member

This is really an interesting and useful guide, trellum. I always stored my onions and tomatoes in the fridge, although I hate eating cold tomatoes, LOL. One day my son enlightened me that I did not have to do it that way. Lots of good info here, thanks!

icekat, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Trellum

You are welcome :) Do you still store your tomatoes in the fridge? Even the very ripe ones? I was tempted to leave some ripe tomatoes I had just bought in the counter, but I panicked a bit and threw them into the fridge, since they were super ripe! As for the onions... I've told my mom the onions can go in the counter, but she keeps forgetting :p

Trellum, Aug 2, 2015
Ask a Question