33 pound fat cat Sprinkles gets help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

So glad to read this poor thing finally got the help she so much needed and deserved. She was in such a terrible condition before getting help, poor thing!

Trellum, Apr 25, 2015
  2. Trellum

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so happy to read about Sprinkles receiving the much needed care and attention. Coincidentally, this must be the week for sharing community spirit and a love for cats! I just posted about our community cat before reading your post. Otherwise, I would have posted under your thread. I think it would be an awesome idea to have a thread where we post all about communities reaching out to help the stray and feral cat population!

By the way, 33 pounds is a heavy cat, indeed. I think our Herman was getting up into the mid 20 pound range. She was having such a hard time even reaching around to clean herself. We were having to help her out. Poor kitty! So, I can understand all the complication that can arise; such as, in Sprinkles case of infections. On a good note, just want to report, my husband came down from our Virginia home to help us all get ready for our summer move up to Michigan. The first thing he noticed (well, besides us, hehe) was how much weight Herman had lost! Hurray!

Herman&Eddie, Apr 27, 2015
  3. Trellum

Yes, it's amazing when a whole community gets together to help animals in need. This country needs more of that, I actually gain back some of my nearly (hanging by a thread) faith in humanity when I read this kind of articles. They make me feel so hopeful in general.

Glad to hear your Herman has lost so much weight! I bet she can already tell the difference :) I've never had an overweight cat, so can't comment much on this topic.

Trellum, Apr 27, 2015
  4. Trellum

icekat Active Member

Good Lord! 33 pounds! That has to be morbidly obese for a cat! Our biggest, fattest cat weighed in at 20 pounds, and he is a big cat overall. His name is Oreo, and at his peak weight, I called him "DoubleStuff." :D Most of our cats have been long and lean.

icekat, May 11, 2015
  5. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Wow!!!! What a story. I am glad it Sprinkles got some much deserved help. Trellum you know my first experience with cats in a hands and heart on way was Twinkle. I think anyone or institution taking on a pet with so many issues has to be applauded.

Anne, May 11, 2015
  6. Trellum

sammy674 Member

Wow, what an incredible story, I've never heard anything like it! Thanks for sharing!

sammy674, May 23, 2015
    Briannagodess likes this.
  7. Trellum

Yes, Anne! I agree! Doing something like this requires good people and am so glad he found the right ones. I love second chances, specially if those are given to animals!

Oreo! Lol, what a lovely name! I might name of one my future cats the same! I plan on getting a norwegian forest cat one day, if it's one of those tuxedo ones I will surely name him/her oreo! And yes, I agree! 33 pounds for a cat is far too much weight, but fortunately this little one got help :)

Trellum, Jun 9, 2015
    icekat likes this.
  8. Trellum

Briannagodess Member

I did not know that cats can also be obese! Good thing Sprinkles got some help needed.

And yes, these organizations are very much sent from heaven. It takes passion and dedication to be able to devote time to help animals in need.

Briannagodess, Jul 2, 2015
Ask a Question