Zachary crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kay Dougall, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Kay Dougall

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

072.JPG

Our sweet, loving "Yacky Zack" lost his battle with a brain tumor a couple of weeks ago. We adopted him when he was 10 years old and had him for five years. He went blind two years ago, and never let it get him down for a minute--such a champion.

We had to leave him overnight in the emergency vet clinic. When we came out of the building, there was the most beautiful, vivid, double rainbow blazing against blue gray storm clouds. I guess that was Zacky's Rainbow. We took him to our vet the next morning. He went to sleep in my arms.

It's so hard to get back to work on anything because he was always a part of everything I did. The house is just too quiet without him. We love you Zacky and we miss you so much.

Kay Dougall, Jun 17, 2015
  2. Kay Dougall

Trellum Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss, you zacky does sound like a brave boy! Losing one's sight can't be easy, specially for cats who depend greatly on it by nature. I hope you feel better soon and find some solace in the fact he is surely now in a better place, having a great time and being completely pain free. He has probably recovered his sight as well :) And one day you will all meet again.

Trellum, Jun 19, 2015
  3. Kay Dougall

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry! It's always so painful when it happens. It doesn't always work but I try to think about how much better they feel now

LilAnn, Jun 21, 2015
  4. Kay Dougall

Anne Well-Known Member

I know loss only too well. My heart goes out to you. Be thankful he stayed as long as he did with you and hold on to those memories he left you. It won't be easy, but time will help you to heal.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    Anne, Jun 21, 2015
  5. Kay Dougall

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Here I was loving the picture of him, thinking how adorable he was. Then I read to post and find out that this sweet little cat had died. Being a cat owner I know how devestating this loss can be. I am so sorry, just remember that this beautiful cat did have a good long life. You no doubt have wonderful memories of Zack and the times you had together. Hold on to those memories, they will comfort you during this time.

pafjlh, Jun 21, 2015
  6. Kay Dougall

Natalie89 Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. My first cat passed away when she was just over a year old due to a brain haemorrhage, so I understand. Remember the memories and the good times, he is a handsome fella and I'm sure you had many wonderful times with him :)

Natalie89, Jun 22, 2015
  7. Kay Dougall

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. It is always so difficult to say good bye to our fur babies. They are such a huge part of our life. My heart hurts for you. I hope the many wonderful memories that you have of him will help you through this very difficult time. Take care of yourself.

Susan Brown, Jul 10, 2015
Ask a Question