Your Favorite Cat Breed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Belligerent

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

The Black Bengal does look somewhat ferocious. Kind of like saying "Mess with me and you will find out how many claws I have". Looks like a good mouser, too.

Victor Leigh, Feb 8, 2012
  2. Belligerent

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I have in the past considered getting a "toy" or "teacup" cat. My son is always after me to bring our dog or one of our cats somewhere with us, but the cats are really too big to be taking places. And I love Foxy, but I have to bathe her before we can go anywhere, and that's a major undertaking.

I'm so totally not in the market for any new animals right now (though the husky I saw at the adoption event at the pet store today was *so* tempting!), but when I am in the future, I definitely will be looking for something a bit more portable than my current flock.

Do any of you know anyone who has a smaller breed of cat? How did it work out? Are there any congenital health problems to look out for with smaller cats?

Wallie0921, Feb 11, 2012
  3. Belligerent

A more portable cat? That's something I would like to have, too. All the cats I have had are not good at going out with me. The furthest they have ever gone was just the front yard. Then they would sit there until I came home.

Victor Leigh, Feb 11, 2012
  4. Belligerent

steph84 Well-Known Member

That black Bengal is too cute for words. I love all cats too, but some of my favorite are Munchkins, Maine Coons, Persian, Ragdoll and Savannah cats. I love Scottish Folds too! Those ears are super cute. I learned about some breeds I have never even heard of before this thread. Thanks!

steph84, Feb 11, 2012
  5. Belligerent

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I like all those breeds too and of course I have to say Manx since I have one. LOL I think my favorite would be the Ragdoll. They are just adorable!

SheWolfSilver, Feb 13, 2012
  6. Belligerent

Your cat is just too cute for words, SheWolfSilver! I love your cat's coat. That is such a neat looking kitty. I want one! I am on a total kitty kick and am dying to get a new baby, but the boyfriend says we have too many already. =(

steph84, Feb 14, 2012
  7. Belligerent

Ethereal New Member

amanda pics 323.JPG
    My wife and I have two birman cats that we love very much. They're very smart, sweet natured, and inquisitive. The redpoint on the left side is named senshi, and our sealpoint on the right side is walburga, (bergy for short). Both of these kittens are only over a year old and they were both runts of the 8 kitten litter. We've loved finding out more about Birman cats and their friendly temperment and they really make great pets and friends. One of the smallest things i personally love about these cats, (and I dont know if this is all birmans or only ours) but they have the sweetest and cutest voices I ever heard. Oh and I agree with wallie0921, i've only ever actually seen one norwegian forest cat in my life but was mesmerized by that breed from the first time ever learning what kind of cat it was.

Ethereal, Feb 17, 2012
    Belligerent likes this.
  8. Belligerent

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Oh, wow! They are beautiful! I love their markings!

SheWolfSilver, Feb 18, 2012
  9. Belligerent

They are so beautiful! I will have to hop on youtube to listen to their sweet voices. Thanks for sharing your picture Ethereal. I love how calm and cozy they look in this picture! It's so cute how they are cuddling next to each other.

steph84, Feb 18, 2012
  10. Belligerent

joshistraining Member

Russian blue, i think there called, they have grey fur and orange eyes, i love them!

joshistraining, Feb 19, 2012
  11. Belligerent

After reading about the Norwegian Forest Cat in the earlier post, I just had to look it up. Here's a kitten:
    [​IMG]

And here's a full-grown Norwegian Forest Cat:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Feb 24, 2012
  12. Belligerent

nicola Active Member

Mines British shorthairs.
    We where told that our other cat Lucy was a exotic shorthair when she was being treated for cancer.

nicola, Mar 16, 2012
Ask a Question