Your cat's favorite spot in the house?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 2, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Booger and Tigger like to sleep on the dryer in the utility room it's always the warmest place in the house and their food and litter box are right there. Bella likes to hide under the covers on my bed, I'm not sure if she'd hiding from everyone or she does it to stay warm.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 2, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I have one cat that has decided that a box on top of my dad's desk is now his property. He sleeps there as often as not.

Of course, the tops of the backs of our sofas (we have three) are always popular spots for the cats, particularly my dad's sofa, since it's in the sunshine. One is on the top of one of my sofas right now, in fact.

Wallie0921, Feb 3, 2012
    magickat likes this.
  3. SheWolfSilver

Cathy Member

One of my sofas is up against a radiator, and the back of the sofa has bars across it with the cusion laid in front, so my bengal wedges herself down behind the sofa just behind the cusion but inside the bars, with her back pushed up against the radiator but only if I'm in that room - if I'm not, her favourite place to sleep is wherever I am, when I'm at the PC she will sit on my mouse mat, in front of my keyboard or try and sit on my chest. One of my others also sleeps in boxes all the time - any box, anywhere, so we put a box on a shelf above the computer in the office with a cushion in it, and now she practically lives in there! Otherwise they like to perch on windowsills and soak up the sun, not much of that going around at the moment though.

Cathy, Feb 4, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

All-time favorite place is my lap. Next to that, the cushions stacked in one corner of my room. My cats would sit there and pretend to sleep. I am they are pretending because when I lie down for a nap, they would be up instantly to join me. On my stomach.

Victor Leigh, Feb 6, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

Belligerent Well-Known Member

My cat has a fluffy pink pillow that is on my computer desk (I don't use it. I have a laptop. I would be using the desk but she is so spoiled that it's hers now xD) She sits on the pillow that is in front of a window and looks down at people all day and falls fast asleep on the pillow after she's done kneading it for awhile. It's adorable.

Belligerent, Feb 7, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

Looks like your cat has done well in training you. Next thing you will find her taking over the pillow on your bed. I wonder if cats are aware of colors. Mine seem to go more for black.

Victor Leigh, Feb 7, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

She has trained me very well. I wouldn't mind if she took over my bed. xD I wonder that too.. she always seems attracted to pink things- pink blankets, pink pillows, pink toys.

Belligerent, Feb 7, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

My cats have a strange selection of favourite spots! Savvy likes sitting at the top of the stairs, Poppy loves the front window, Blackberry on top of the boiler, Pawsie on the bathroom mat, Smudge on the sideboard next to the phone and Tiger-Paws on the back of the sofa :)

magickat, Feb 7, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

Shouldn't be a problem unless she gets interested in your pinky finger. I had a kitten that thought my little finger was the most delicious thing this side of cat heaven.

Victor Leigh, Feb 8, 2012
    Belligerent likes this.
  10. SheWolfSilver

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cats like to hide under my bed, sit by the window, behind the couch or on my bed. The new one likes to sit on my floor heater. It isn't even on, but he just likes sitting on it and it looks so funny. I think he likes the way that the slats feel underneath his paws.

steph84, Feb 8, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

Haha I had a cat that would sleep under the covers and in the morning he'd nibble on my fingers.. it was hilarious. She isn't a biter at all, which is strange.. I've never had a cat who wouldn't bite or nibble in the right circumstances.

Belligerent, Feb 8, 2012
  12. SheWolfSilver

eileen szydlowski New Member

My favorite spot for my cat her name is Jojo!
    When I am home it is with me in the rocking chair. Otherwise it my bedroom on the blankets.

eileen szydlowski, Feb 8, 2012
  13. SheWolfSilver

Sleep under covers? Nibble fingers? Very suspicious circumstances there. Very, very suspicious. Just kidding. I had a few kittens before that thought the best place to sleep is between my legs under the blankets. I had to sleep still the whole night. Otherwise I might have woken up to find some very squashed kittens under the blankets.

Victor Leigh, Feb 9, 2012
  14. SheWolfSilver

He would sleep between my legs too.. I guess it is just a warm spot and cats love being next to or on their masters. xD It was very sweet though.

Belligerent, Feb 9, 2012
Ask a Question