Your cat food recipes

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Becky, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Becky

messlisa Member

There are some very useful recipes here, a little too useful actually. Reading them has made me hungry, but seriously. I have always just mixed my cats food with equal parts of dry and canned food, plus they get treats and of lots of toys filled with catnip. I never gave much thought to giving them vegetable soup before, but I will definitely be giving it a shot.

messlisa, May 7, 2013
  2. Becky

jules Active Member

My cat is actually very picky and does not like wet cat food. It usually eats crackers. The only wet thing it eats is tuna and I add shredded carrots to it. It absolutely loves it. Every now and then, I give him cat treats but that's about it.

jules, May 26, 2013
  3. Becky

amy005 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried making my own recipes yet but know my cat would love to eat something other then her cat food. I have given her a part of my fish in the past and she absolutely loves it. I sometimes feel bad giving her regular cat food. I may have to start using some of these recipes.

amy005, Dec 3, 2013
  4. Becky

icekat Active Member

That is a fascinating article! I couldn't stop reading until I finished it. I have got to try this recipe! The only thing I worry about is that my cats are spoiled and picky. I don't know if I can get them to change their diet, but I'm going to try. Thanks for the post!

icekat, May 17, 2015
  5. Becky

ellie Active Member

Very interesting! I've been wanting to get my dogs and cat on healthier food. The dogs were a lot easier because I can cook up some chicken and rice and veggies, but I wasn't sure what to feed Tinkerbell (the cat). I know they need essential things that dogs don't and I don't want to do more harm than good by feeding her homemade food. But now I feel very guilty feeding her dry food out of a bag :( She doesn't like wet food, she drinks the liquid and leaves the rest so I don't know how good some of these will go over.

ellie, May 28, 2015
  6. Becky

hunya Member

I only give fish and milk to my cat, but sometimes she doesn't eat fish. I will try some foods provided above.

hunya, May 29, 2015
  7. Becky

LilAnn Well-Known Member

My cat won't eat people food. He's the first cat I've had that won't eat tuna.

LilAnn, Jun 7, 2015
  8. Becky

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

There are some really great ideas on this post. So many of them I have never tried
    but now that I have the recipe I may just give them a try. They are all healthy alternatives
    and I am sure my kitties would love them. They really aren't picky eaters. They try most
    everything I give them.

Susan Brown, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Becky

Anne Well-Known Member

It would have been fun to prepare something for Twinkle but we know that story. It's interesting some of what I read here. Here is something I just grabbed online. In knowing what to prepare it's also good to know what might be concerning when it comes to preparing things for your feline relative.

Here are some foods of particular concern:
    • Alcohol. Yes, cats too can get drunk, but it can also easily cause severe liver and brain damage. ...
    • Chocolate. ...
    • Coffee, Tea, Energy Drinks. ...
    • Dairy Products. ...
    • Fat Trimmings, Raw Meat, Eggs, Fish. ...
    • Grapes and Raisins. ...
    • Onions and Garlic. ...
    • Tuna.........and more..

Anne, Aug 12, 2015
  10. Becky

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Before comet passed away, he would stick his entire head in my glass and drink my tea. He only wanted it if it were mine, though. I poured a little bit into a container for him. He wouldn't touch it.

LilAnn, Aug 13, 2015
    Anne likes this.
  11. Becky

catly254 Member

Thank you guys for sharing these awesome recipes, i am gonna be using some of them to prepare my cat delicacies.

catly254, Feb 6, 2017
Ask a Question