Wow, This Maine Coon Is Gorgeous

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by ACSAPA, Jun 30, 2013.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I've heard that Maine Coon cats are beautiful and today I saw this lovely photo.
    That tail is amazing.

[​IMG]

ACSAPA, Jun 30, 2013
  2. ACSAPA

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Maine coons are definitely gorgeous. That is a good picture of the cat in general. With it being a Maine Coon, the cat is just more gorgeous.

Here's another gorgeous Maine Coon.
    [​IMG]

Epicfied, Jul 1, 2013
  3. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Wow, Maine Coons just have amazing, luxuriant tails. That orange one is gorgeous.

ACSAPA, Jul 2, 2013
  4. ACSAPA

Epicfied Well-Known Member

They really do have amazing tails. I also love their mane and the tips of their ears.They have such unique characteristics.

Epicfied, Jul 2, 2013
  5. ACSAPA

steph84 Well-Known Member

So pretty! I love how big Maine Coons are. They always look so graceful. I could imagine how much grooming those cats need. Gorgeous, but a lot of coat upkeep!

steph84, Jul 5, 2013
  6. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I can only imagine the luxuriant mat of cat hair all over the furniture, but they are lovely cats.

ACSAPA, Jul 5, 2013
  7. ACSAPA

Trellum Well-Known Member

That's a really beautiful cat! I bet keeping that hair untangled and in great shape isn't easy at all! I'd still like to get one in the future... they are so beautiful! I'd need to keep it indoors at all times tho. Just take a look at this beauty:

[​IMG]

Trellum, Mar 25, 2014
  8. ACSAPA

lowen Member

I guess they shed a lot, anyways they look pretty good, to me. What character traits they have?

lowen, Nov 7, 2014
  9. ACSAPA

Anne Well-Known Member

These cats are simple amazing. I wonder where these breeds are mostly found. I have seen a lot of cats in my area and truth be told they are not pretty to look at. Now I know more about cats I am curious to know what are some of the breeds in our country.

Anne, Dec 5, 2014
  10. ACSAPA

ADPainter New Member

Maine Coon's aren't as much upkeep as you would think. They are very good about grooming themselves, although I would brush them at least a couple of times a week. The biggest thing is to check them every day for mats, because they can quickly get out of control. Mats usually appear in the armpit or groin area, or under the chin, and if they aren't detangled or cut away immediately they can actually cripple a cat or cause horrible injury when the cat is forced to pull a chunk of it's own hair and skin away in order to be able to walk or eat. We have several Maine Coons at our rescue and I try to make sure they get a couple of teaspoons of tuna oil (when you strain a can of tuna) to keep their fur in good shape. The best thing about Maine Coons is that they are very very laid back. They are not normally jittery or easily startled. I have one, Moose, who is an 8 month old kitten, and he likes to sleep in my office chair. When I come back he doesn't even look up at me, just snoozes away, and when I pick him up he does his best dead cat impression. LOL One of my very best friends just adopted two Maine Coon/Scottish Fold mix kittens and they are GORGEOUS. Here's one at a shelter in Oak Ridge, TN that is looking for a forever home: https://www.facebook.com/AdoptableA...2860222258058/312860222258058/?type=1&theater

ADPainter, Dec 5, 2014
Ask a Question