Would you keep a cat who urinated on your rug?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by SallyintheValley41, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SallyintheValley41

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I know a guy whose daughter moved out and left a dog and 3 cats to take care of. One of them urinates in various spots when she gets anxiety. Maybe an anxiety issue?

LilAnn, Jun 14, 2015
  2. SallyintheValley41

LilAnn Well-Known Member

If I even think a out giving up my kitty I get so sad! Yeah, I go with tile if that's what it took to keep him there

LilAnn, Jun 18, 2015
  3. SallyintheValley41

Natalie89 Member

My cat would go on the small rug in my living room or her litter tray. Instead of getting cross I just assumed she had a thing about peeing on the rug in particular so moved it to the little room her tray was in.
    She only used it about a handful more times then just went in her box without question.
    It's all about trial and error, I don't know if I'd have gotten rid of her for that- luckily my initial thought turned out right, though I know not always the case with these kitties!

Natalie89, Jun 28, 2015
  4. SallyintheValley41

LilAnn Well-Known Member

my cat used to pee on my bed everyday. I had 2 cats at the time so I didn't know who was guilty. And then I caught the little s**t in the act. I kicked him off the bed completely, and wouldn't let him in our room for a long time.

LilAnn, Jun 30, 2015
  5. SallyintheValley41

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I think that I would probably keep him and try to figure out what the reason for his behavior was. There is always a reason why an animal does such a thing. I get attached to an animal far too easy to get rid of him without giving him a chance. I have had cats in the past who have had many problems but I always worked through them and they ended up being wonderful pets. Sometimes it just takes time and patience. I would definitely seeking medical attention before I would consider getting rid of him.

Susan Brown, Jul 13, 2015
  6. SallyintheValley41

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Does the cat let you cuddle with him? I mean, is he a loving cat or kind of stand offish?

LilAnn, Jul 15, 2015
Ask a Question