Won't eat it?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Is there any particular food your cat will not touch? Our cat was quite particular. If she did not like something, then she would leave it on the plate. Generally, we had to "rotate" her food so that she did not eat the same thing for too long. If she became bored of something, then she would stop eating it. Most of the time she would eat what she was given at some stage or another.
    Are there foods your cat will never eat or only eat sometimes?

GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

mariposa Well-Known Member

Once is a while there will be a can of wet food that she'll just sniff and walk away from, but not too often. She won't eat beef, but that's because she's gotten sick on it in the past, so I don't buy it any longer.

mariposa, May 4, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

jose26425 Member

My cats love themselves some Meow Mix (the equivalent of Doritos to a human). I just recently bought some kind of Purina because it was on sale (a much healthier alternative), and they absolutely hated it. They would sniff it, bat at it in the bowl, and walk away. They still hounded me that they were hungry, but I paid no attention. I felt like my mother telling myself that they will eat it once they get hungry enough. Sure enough, a day later, I found them trying the food in the bowl. A week later, they dig into the Purina as if it were Meow Mix.

jose26425, Jun 15, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Sibyl does the same thing! The vet has told me I should give her the same food every time, but I simply can't. She'll stop eating it and become skin and bones. I'd rather change it up than worry about her stubbornness starving her to death! The cat I had before her did the same thing, but, so far, Alice hasn't.. I give it a year before she does, lol.

blurinoctober, Jun 26, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

Jezebella Member

My cat doesn't care so much about what is inside it, but she likes her food pate. She will lick the gravy off the shreads or flakes. I stopped buying it since she doesn't like it. You know for an animal with no ability to provide for herself my cat is remarkably picky. I just donated the cans of food she wouldn't eat, the bag of toys she wouldn't play with, and then bag of litter she wouldn't ( ummm) litter in to the animal shelter.

Jezebella, Jun 26, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My cat will eat almost everything except the very cheap cat food which I only bought once and wouldn't buy again, since it looked sketchy and smelled like death.

ACSAPA, Aug 2, 2013
  7. GavinMcresty

Trellum Well-Known Member

My cat eats everything!!!! He would eat everything on sight!!! It must be because he was an abandoned kitty, and he had to eat whatever he could find in order to survive. I guess that memory is still fresh in his mind.... I lured him to my place with some cold cuts ;) He was starving! Even now I think he eats too much for how own good!

Trellum, Oct 17, 2013
Ask a Question