Woman With A Hearing Loss Taught Her Deaf Cat Sign Language, Including The Word 'Dance'

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

This goes to show that cats are way smarter than we really think!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/26/cats-sign-language_n_6940892.html?utm_hp_ref=cats

Trellum, Mar 28, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  2. Trellum

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Sign language is dear to my heart, since both of my in-laws, now deceased, were hearing impaired. Thank you for sharing this story; although it did not surprise me. Both of our cats, Eddie and Herman are extremely responsive to hand gestures. Out of habit, from instinctively using sign language in our household, both our cats understand our intentions, when we say use the sign for eat, come here, and go away. I just never thought about it, until you posted. Do you use any hand gestures?

Herman&Eddie, Mar 28, 2015
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi there! I'm very glad you liked the article :) I hadn't stop to think about it, but I do use some signs! Not only with the cat, but mostly with the dog, but they understand me quite well. Hehehe, I guess we all use more sign language than we think. I use it a lot with other people.

Trellum, Mar 31, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
Ask a Question