Why you should adopt a black cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Especially with Halloween right around the corner, you see a lot of negativity surrounding black cats. Truth is, even though most people know it's just superstition, they still avoid adopting solid black ones, leaving most of them to be left in shelters or euthanized. :(

Jessi, Oct 14, 2012
  2. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Black cats get a lot of negativity, but I find most of them to be gorgeous cats.
    It's saddening how people ignore them and actually ignore them.
    Momma would say no, though. ):

Epicfied, Oct 14, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Momma would say no to ANY cat, though. :p

And do you remember Cola? He was almost entirely black besides his half mustache that was white and white paws, I believe. I can't remember entirely now. It was close enough that dad really didn't want anything to do with it begin with because he's superstitious, but then he ended up being the one that wanted it and brought it inside, ha.

Jessi, Oct 15, 2012
  4. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

We have a black cat, well, she's almost entirely black - just a smidge of white on her belly. Also, if you look at her up close in the sunlight, she's actually got like a dark walnut undercoat.

I don't see anything wrong with adopting a black cat, the reasons to adopt one above are quite cute. The only real drawback is they're easy to step on when you're walking around your house at night. I've done that a few times and paid the price, lol.

OhioTom76, Oct 15, 2012
  5. Jessi

JustJenne Active Member

I had 4 kittens a few years ago and the 2 striped ones went immediately and the 2 black ones I had for maybe 7 months. I called them twins, a boy and a girl, and I loved them to pieces! I wished I could keep them but had too many cats (I had gotten their mother without knowing she was pregnant.) I finally found a home for them- I hope they are happy there! Their mother is a tuxedo and absolutely gorgeous. People shouldn't discriminate, they're just as lovely as other cats.

JustJenne, Oct 18, 2012
  6. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Black cats are definitely lovely cats. Only downside is all the superstitions based on them. It's sucky that so many are ignored because of that. =/

Epicfied, Oct 18, 2012
  7. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Black cats are actually my favorite color of cat. I think they are gorgeous.
    Discriminating against cats because of their fur color is just as stupid as hating a person because they have red hair. Why dismiss a cat as unadoptable over a trait they can't help?

ACSAPA, Oct 19, 2012
  8. Jessi

andrew320 Well-Known Member

No. 13 is the most important aspect on the list. We have a black cat and he is just the greatest. He is lovely, smart, fun and has a distinguishable personality. I hate the mantra that people have about black cats. Not everyone is Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi (see the movie "Black Cat"). Funny photo nonetheless.

andrew320, Oct 20, 2012
Ask a Question