Why I love cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

There are so many reasons I love cats, but my mom has never understood why in the world I like cats! She doesn't like them at all and thinks they're just evil! LOL! I know it sounds odd, but she really does think that! I've liked cats since I was a kid, dogs not that much, but we still kept one I really didn't like (he killed many of my pets).

So I guess this makes me a cat person. I own two dogs as well tho. But I've a slight preference for cats. I personally like them a bit more because you don't have such a hard time potty training them as you do with dogs! Potty-training most dogs is a nightmare and can take them to long to finally learn. But cats no... they see the litter and know what to do!

Another thing I like about cats is their independence! They're so independent and can take care of themselves in case something happens. Most dogs would die in a house if they go unattended (no food, water, etc). I also love their personalities, and purring sounds when you pet them :)

Trellum, Oct 23, 2013
  2. Trellum

Delle LeClair New Member

Cats and animals in general, have always been there for me when no one else was. Cats are my favourite animal, although I do love all animals! Cats are such beautiful, funny, smart and active companions. My first pet ever was a cat. I've owned dogs as well, but there is just something about my little furry buggers that catches my heart! They are the children I cannot have! I live in an apartment, so a dog really isn't an option for me at the moment. I couldn't imagine not coming home to my little fur-babies! Sometimes evil little fur-babies, but still! Hehe!

Delle LeClair, Nov 6, 2013
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Aww, thanks for sharing :) I'm so glad you have found a great companion in your cats :) I do believe people can develop great friendship with cats and animals in general. Just like you I love animals in general, as a kid I had several types of pets: chicken, geese, ducks, rabbits, cats, dogs, etc. It was always sad to see them go, but I believe having a pet is important for a child... it helped me to understand death and mourning better. Sorry if I sound dark!

Trellum, Nov 7, 2013
Ask a Question