Why does our one cat eat so much?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by andrew320, Aug 27, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320 Well-Known Member

My fiancee moved in last October with her two cats. When they moved in, they both ate a reasonable amount of food. They would share out of one bowl and, again, eat a good amount. Nowadays, Max, the oldest one, just eats, eats and eats. Meanwhile, this hurts our other cat, Batman, because he eats less, but doesn't complain.

Why is this happening? How do we solve this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

andrew320, Aug 27, 2012
  2. andrew320

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Does your cat seem thirsty more often as well ? Is he/she using the pan more often ? This is how my cats diabetes started. He was constantly hungry and wouldn't let chipper get to the bowl. Then 1/2 hour later he was looking for more. I think just like humans cats can get pre diabetes are well. I would change the food to something without grains corn or rice in it. Give it a week or so and see if that curbs your cats appetite at all.

Beth

Beth23, Sep 3, 2012
  3. andrew320

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Why don't you take your cat to the vet for a check-up? I am assuming that he's not going on a feeding frenzy because of some psychological problems. Did he show any other signs of abnormal behavior? Like being more friendly than before or being more aloof than before?

Victor Leigh, Sep 4, 2012
Ask a Question