Whose cats like to play fetch?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Susan Brown, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Susan Brown

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cat, Merle loves playing catch. He is always bringing you things to throw so that he can chase after them and bring them back. He could do this for hours and never tire out. It is so funny to watch him going. He is great entertainment. My grand daughter loves playing fetch with him. It is so cute!

Susan Brown, Jul 10, 2015
  2. Susan Brown

anadrotowski Member

My cats are the laziest things in the world. All they do is sleep all day and maybe knock a few things off the table. It sounds incredibly adorable and it's making me wish my cats actually played with something. :p

anadrotowski, Jul 11, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  3. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

Merle? Starting with the name he sounds like a one of a kind cat ;) Why did you guys name him like that? I am just curious, I am a big fan of the walking dead :p Just saying! I think this is the first time I ever hear about a cat who likes to play fetch. My cat would never do that, he likes to be lying down all the time.

Trellum, Jul 13, 2015
  4. Susan Brown

hunya Member

My cat is also very lazy. Your cat sounds like a dog.:)

hunya, Jul 14, 2015
  5. Susan Brown

We named him Merle because that is the sound he makes when he is walking around the house looking to get into some mischief. At the time that we named him though we did think of Merle from the Walking Dead so he was kind of named after him. He is definitely one of a kind. I have never had a cat before the plays fetch. We will be sitting on the bed and he will jump up on the bed with something he wants you to play with. As soon as you pick it up and throw it he just leaps right off the bed. It is so funny to watch and then he brings it right back. We usually end up having to hide it or he would play fetch all day. He is a riot! lol

Susan Brown, Jul 14, 2015
  6. Susan Brown

He sounds like a real bundle of joy! Hehehe, Merle is such a cool name. You guys should probably film him while he is up to some mischief :p And then upload it to YouTube, I'd like to hear that sound he makes, lol.

Trellum, Jul 14, 2015
  7. Susan Brown

That is a great idea Trellum I think I will do that. I never really thought about it before. He may even been a YouTube sensation..lol He is so full of personality and a real little character. He does this thing that we call the Merle stomp. He had extra toes so his feet are really big and you can hear him slapping his feet on the floor when he is looking for Harley, my other cat. It is the funniest thing to see. He walks down the hall sideways and his feet are just a stompin'..lol He definitely keeps us laughing.

Susan Brown, Jul 15, 2015
  8. Susan Brown

Lol, definitely! I have never heard a cat uttering ''Merle'', lol, I'd totally love to hear and see that on video. I have heard cats making other interesting noises too, I guess every cat has a very unique set of vocal chords that allows them to utter all sorts of interesting noises.

Lol, do you have wooden floors? I think that is so cool, my in laws have a big cat, but he is so silent. Poor Merle, those extra toes make him less silent :( Not so good when he tried catching mice, I guess.

Trellum, Jul 16, 2015
  9. Susan Brown

Yes we do have wooden floors so you can hear him coming. He is such a little character. He has so many little unique qualities that I have never had in any other cats that I owned.

Susan Brown, Jul 17, 2015
  10. Susan Brown

Vitani Member

My cat Yuna does but only with little bitty rubber bands. She is crazy obsessed about finding them after I throw them too. Sometimes they go a place that neither her nor I can reach. She will sit there staring at that spot, swishing her tail back and forth. I always try to not toss them some place impossible. She usually brings them back and makes this little cheepy noise to let me know I need to toss it again. I love my Yuna cat.

Vitani, Jul 25, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  11. Susan Brown

Anne Well-Known Member

That is super neat. I wonder if I would ever have been able to get Twinkle to do something like that. I always associate those things with dogs but never cats. I would thoroughly enjoy watching that.

Anne, Aug 16, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
Ask a Question