Where you can pet your cat

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Jessi, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Does your cat have "off limits" zones where s/he really doesn't want to be pet? Is the head mostly where your kitty wants the rubbing action going on, too?

Jessi, Jan 22, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  2. Jessi

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Sassy is typically the diagram, she goes absolutely nuts if you scratch where her tail connects.
    Dusty doesn't care much for where his tail meets, he really loves his face rubbed around where his whiskers grow. And he hates his stomach rubbed, it will start a fight it you try. His pupils explode like he's ready to hunt and you know you've done goofed!
    The dog one is funny because it's basically true. :p

CinnamonKiss, Jan 23, 2013
  3. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My cats are really not the diagram Bandit LOVES LOVES LOVED Belly tickles, that is his favourite tickle spot. Pussington is more of a chin scratch girl. They also like it when you tickle their little paws, and play with their legs. Defiantly not diagram cats!

Scottyxx, Jan 23, 2013
  4. Jessi

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

My cat Bunny will lay on her back on the floor and let me pet her tummy but my cat Fizz will attempt to devour my hand if I try that with him. Both of them love anywhere on their heads or their back, especially at the base of the tail pet/scratched. Neither of them is very fond of having their feet touched but Bunny tolerates it more than Fizz.

msmonkeyfeet, Jan 31, 2013
  5. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

This perfectly describes my cats! If they get really comfy with us then they will get on their backs and want you to give them endless tummy rubs. They love it so much. My dog Marley is the one who has off limit zones. He doesn't like to be touched that much. He only care about playing fetch.

steph84, Feb 2, 2013
  6. Jessi

jules Active Member

This perfectly describes my cat too. It will actually try to bite me if I try to pet its stomach. It absolutely loves being scratched around its head and goes crazy with delight when I do so.

jules, Jun 3, 2013
  7. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Every cat I know hates their belly rubbed unless it's a certain time.. However, Neko loves it.

Epicfied, Jun 5, 2013
  8. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My cat likes being petted on her back and head but not her stomach. The messed up thing is that cat bellies are really tempting to pet because they have fluffy stomachs. My small, yappy dog likes being petted anywhere expect his front paws. He doesn't like to shake hands.

ACSAPA, Jun 23, 2013
  9. Jessi

Ayjay Member

all of my cats are tolerant of belly rubs, if they are in the right mood. If not, its attack time......

Ayjay, Sep 30, 2013
  10. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hahaha, this is so true! My dogs seem to love the mere act of being pet by me, but my cat is like meh unless I pet those specific spots he likes. He also likes I pet his chin, as if I were asking someone to ''come here'' with my fingers. He just loves that!!!! He also like his belly rubbed :p But not his legs.

Trellum, Dec 20, 2013
  11. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I think it would depend on the cat itself. Some cats don't seem to mind being petted in certain spots but others might not like it too much. I do know that most cats for the most part don't mind it too much when a person touches their nose. That is if a cat lets someone touch them. I know that for the most part Peppy and Petey don't like to be touched period. Salen doesn't mind being touched on the nose. But Pepper and Squiggy do like the pet on the back and the head. The way it seems to know when a cat wants you to pet them is when they starts to stroke themselves against you, this is their way of telling you they want to be petted and loved at least this is what I have noticed in the cats that I have.

pafjlh, Dec 15, 2014
Ask a Question