Where does your kitty cat sleep?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by craigprunty, May 15, 2010.

1. craigprunty

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Oh yes, cats love to sunbath. Here, when it rains for days and days, my cats would get really depressed. So when the rain stops and the sun comes out, all my cats would go outside to play.

Victor Leigh, Dec 25, 2011
  2. craigprunty

nicola Active Member

Sophie sleeps in her basket by the sofa.

nicola, Mar 17, 2012
  3. craigprunty

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My inside cat sleeps on the back of the couch. My outside cats sleep in the big dog house we bought for them. They love their house, it keeps them nice and warm and comfortable.​

Wahcashmom, Mar 17, 2012
  4. craigprunty

Now that the weather is getting hot, the cats find it more comfortable to just sleep on the cement floor in the kitchen. Sometimes they sleep in the bathroom, too.

Victor Leigh, Mar 18, 2012
  5. craigprunty

luvmykids0114 New Member

Im amazed that so many cats sleep all night. My cat tends to sleep anywhere that is high up but mostly during the day. At night before we all go to sleep she usually takes a cat nap on the edge of our bed and sometimes in the windowsill. If she decided to sleep all night then she usually ends up in my daughters room laying next to her.

luvmykids0114, Mar 19, 2012
  6. craigprunty

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

My fat cats sleep on their pillow in the utility room it's the warmest room in the house. Bella either sleeps on my bed or on the storage cupboard under my bathroom window.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 20, 2012
  7. craigprunty

Jessi Well-Known Member

My cats pick the oddest places and rotate them every few days. Currently the older one likes to sleep on top of the dryer in the dirty clothes basket and the younger one is sleeping wedged between the back of the couch in the windowsill, ha.

Jessi, Mar 21, 2012
  8. craigprunty

Mine like the dryer if I'm doing laundry, my dryer doesn't shut off like its supposed to and gets really warm. LOL

SheWolfSilver, Mar 22, 2012
  9. craigprunty

Some of my cats like to sleep on the cushion of my motorbike. Which is a bit of a problem because when they wake up, they stretch and scratch the cushion.

Victor Leigh, Mar 22, 2012
  10. craigprunty

wils172 Active Member

I have 2 cats that sleep outside.. usually cuddled up with one of the dogs

my other cat usually sleeps in my brothers bed..

wils172, Mar 22, 2012
  11. craigprunty

Afishy1 Member

My cat likes to sleep in this little makeshift bed that we made him from his favorite blanket and a small box. However, he never sleeps there everynight. Sometime he will sleep on one of our couches, or next to his special bed, or on the floor by the window. It is always somewhere that is comfy though, because what cat doesn't like a comfy spot. During the days he likes to lay by the window or just sprawled out on the floor in the sun, and when I say sprawl, I mean sprawl. It is rather adorable actually. :)

Afishy1, Mar 22, 2012
  12. craigprunty

Nice to know that your cat sleeps in the bed you made for it. My cats never slept in any of the beds I made for them. I have tried all kinds of enticements. I put soft towels. I put soft pillows. They still believe that the best bed is the one I am sleeping on.

Victor Leigh, Mar 23, 2012
  13. craigprunty

Jessi Well-Known Member

Same here. I've never had a cat actually sleep in a location of -my- choosing, no matter how enticing I made it. I guess the same goes for storebought toys....they always prefer the most random toys instead, so why shouldn't they act the same with beds?

Jessi, Mar 25, 2012
  14. craigprunty

And when it comes to having kittens, cats pick the most unexpected places. I remember one that insisted on giving birth on my bed. There was another one that had its kittens up on the roof.

Victor Leigh, Mar 25, 2012
  15. craigprunty

Jessi Well-Known Member

On the roof? Lol! Now that's the safest place I can think of to pop out babies, ha.

But you're right about them being adamant about their unexpected locations. We had a strictly outdoors cat once that insisted she was going to have her kittens inside our house, even though she'd never been allowed in at all. It was near winter and snow was on the ground. She had her babies somewhere else, but then carried them one by one to our doorstep. We took her and her babies back out to a barn to try to get her to keep them warm there, but no, she spent at least an hour carrying them back and forth before we finally caved and she took up camp under a bed. A few days later when it was a bit warmer, she carried them all back out to the barn and never tried to come indoors again, lol.

Jessi, Mar 25, 2012
  16. craigprunty

LOL That is funny! I guess she wanted to be warm and cozy!

SheWolfSilver, Mar 26, 2012
  17. craigprunty

When I was a kid, my grandmother used to tell me that the mother cat will move her kittens seven times before they are weaned. Has anyone ever counted the number of times the kittens were moved?

Victor Leigh, Mar 27, 2012
  18. craigprunty

btatro Well-Known Member

Our last cat used to sleep on a handmade blanket that was placed on top of the couch originally for decoration.

btatro, Apr 1, 2012
  19. craigprunty

Jessi Well-Known Member

Hmm, no I haven't, although I have seen mother cats move their kittens at least a few times before they're old enough to not be kept contained to one area. I wonder why they move them so many times. Maybe it's a protection of some sort?

Jessi, Apr 1, 2012
  20. craigprunty

One thing I know for sure, the father of the kittens will seek them out. To kill them. No kidding. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Victor Leigh, Apr 2, 2012
Ask a Question