Where does your kitty cat sleep?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by craigprunty, May 15, 2010.

1. craigprunty

craigprunty Active Member

Just wondering where your cats favorite place to sleep at night is. :eek: :eek:

my cat just sleeps in the basket

craigprunty, May 15, 2010
  2. craigprunty

britishblueshorthair Member

britishblueshorthair, May 15, 2010
  3. craigprunty

vickylizzy Member

Umm... mine tend you sleep on the bed, or wherever else they like, except for their cat beds!!

Attached Files:

vickylizzy, Aug 17, 2010
  4. craigprunty

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Lulu likes to sleep with me in our bed. Tommy will sleep with us some times but more often than not I find him in the laundry basket sleeping with either the clean or dirty clothes.

catlover2, Sep 16, 2010
  5. craigprunty

MaxKitteh Well-Known Member

On my lap whenever possible. :)

MaxKitteh, Nov 27, 2011
  6. craigprunty

doublelady Active Member

All three of our cats come and sleep with us in the bed for at least part of the night. The youngest kitten usually sleeps at the end of the bed, while the middle cat Ash sleeps right in between me and my husband every night. The oldest cat likes to sleep on the pillow next to our heads.

doublelady, Nov 28, 2011
  7. craigprunty

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat rotates! He starts off by warming up the bed for me and then gets mad when I go to sleep and climb into bed, so he gets up and leaves after a few minutes. He then runs off to the recliner, on top of the sofa and then sneaks back into my bed in the morning. If he's hungry he'll walk up to my face and just stare at me. It's creepy, but usually wakes me up! I have another cat that likes to sleep on my pillow and we fight for it. I can never get any sleep unless I close my door!

steph84, Nov 28, 2011
  8. craigprunty

MaxKitteh Well-Known Member

For bedtime, Max sleeps by our legs at first, usually curled up in one of the spaces where the legs aren't so this can make it tricky to change position. Near morning-time he comes up and sleeps near our heads (mine or my girlfriend's) and really loves to be right up in our face. He'll totally just put his chest or neck over my face and mouth, which is kinda cute but kinda stifling too. I think this may have been how the rumor started that cats suck the life out of babies since they seem to like to be close to human faces. ;)

MaxKitteh, Nov 28, 2011
  9. craigprunty

magickat Well-Known Member

My cats all sleep on my bed with me at night. During the day they lounge all over the place, usually somewhere in the way like on the stairs!!

magickat, Nov 28, 2011
  10. craigprunty

christy sharpton Active Member

My cats usually sleep with me every night and during the day they sleep on the couches.

christy sharpton, Nov 29, 2011
  11. craigprunty

sammilynn Member

My cat either sleeps on my bed beside or on me, in his bed which is also on my bed, or on the couch in my room. He's a very affectionate cat, and he likes to be close, so he doesn't sleep on the couch for long. lol

sammilynn, Nov 29, 2011
  12. craigprunty

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

Everyone has their fourth of my "big bed" -- including me. The head area is Kiliamo's and mine, and the twins sleep at the foot of the bed (Deimos sleeps on my feet). If I ever get married again, I don't know where *he's* going to sleep. :D

Wallie0921, Nov 30, 2011
  13. craigprunty

luvmypets Member

My cats sleep on my bed when it's cooler. When it's warm they sleep on the floor in open doorways. I guess there is a draft and it's cooler there for them.

luvmypets, Dec 2, 2011
  14. craigprunty

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Trinity sleeps in my bed with me at night, during the day she sleeps on a footstool near my computer desk. Sunny sleeps on the arm of the love seat. Edge sleeps in the "kitty cabinet" its a cabinet with two shelves I had planed to get rid of but noticed the kitty's liked it, so I removed the doors and put it in the corner of the living room with a pillow on each of the two shelves. Precious usually sleeps on top of the cable box in the living room. Serenity sleeps in her kitty bed. Piffy sleeps where ever he happens to be when he gets sleepy. They all have their own beds, but Serenity is the only one who uses her bed regularly.

Micheleteresa, Dec 2, 2011
    sammilynn and luvmypets like this.
  15. craigprunty

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My cats seem to not have one certain spot. They like to sleep where ever they fall over lol. My indoor cat seems to love under the Christmas tree right now, she really does like the lights.

Wahcashmom, Dec 14, 2011
  16. craigprunty

sharon78 Member

Mine sleep all over the house. they mostly sleep with me, but depending on how they behave, they will get booted. In that case, I may find them in the laundry basket in the hallway or on the couch in the living room.

sharon78, Dec 15, 2011
  17. craigprunty

kat74 Active Member

My husband doesn't like the cat on the sofa sets because of shading far and leaving it on the chairs all the time. So we have improvised a nice pillow near the fire place and trained her to sleep there. So far its been working and every time she is in the house she always lounge on the pillow and my husband doesn't have to complain every time.

kat74, Dec 20, 2011
  18. craigprunty

kat74 Active Member

My husband doesn't like the cat on the sofa sets because of shading far and leaving it on the chairs all the time. So we have improvised a nice pillow near the fire place and trained her to sleep there. So far its been working and every time she is in the house she always lounge on the pillow and my husband doesn't have to complain every time.

kat74, Dec 20, 2011
  19. craigprunty

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Green Seven sleeps with me. Inside my blanket if I am not aware of it. Otherwise, snuggled up against my body. Used to sleep on top of me when he was a kitten.

Victor Leigh, Dec 21, 2011
  20. craigprunty

Alli Well-Known Member

At night on the bed by my feet. In the daytime, just about anywhere. My boy kitty loves sleeping on the floor heater vents- if we can't find him, that is the first place to look. During the summer, they both like a patch of sunlight that comes through the window next to the couch.

Alli, Dec 22, 2011
Ask a Question