Where did you get your kitty?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Scottyxx, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Scottyxx

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

So how did you get your kitty? Petstore? Kijiji? Rescue? Stray?

I got mine from Kijiji / Craigslist, some woman was wanting to get rid of two kittens, so we snapped them up. I much prefer doing it this way, as you can not only save some money, but you can also save a cat from a shelter, which is always good in my eyes!

Scottyxx, Sep 17, 2012
  2. Scottyxx

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

We got both of ours as strays. They just started hanging around our yard and kept coming up to us, so we eventually took them in. We put a lot of food out for the birds, squirrels, etc., so we tend to attract a lot of animals to begin with.

OhioTom76, Sep 17, 2012
  3. Scottyxx

Jessi Well-Known Member

Both of ours came from friends of the family. They were different ones and for completely different reasons. Over the years, most of them have been strays that adopted us instead of the other way around actually.

Jessi, Sep 17, 2012
  4. Scottyxx

Susan56 New Member

I got mine from Lollypop Farm. It's an animal shelter in NY. I was looking for an older cat who was already declawed, so I thought I would get a cat who was waiting for a home.

Susan56, Sep 17, 2012
  5. Scottyxx

steph84 Well-Known Member

I was driving down the street and saw my cat on the corner playing with a dog! A man was walking his down and I just assumed the cat was his because they were getting along famously, but it turns out that my kitty was just lost. I thought he was so cute, fluffy and adorable and I wanted him instantly. Well, I parked the car and went inside and then my neighbor brought him over saying she found him. I instantly snatched him from her hands and said, "He's mine!" It was love at first sight.

steph84, Sep 18, 2012
  6. Scottyxx

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Zod came from a local woman, who was trying to raise the funds to have her cat spayed, so she wouldn't end up pregnant again. I wouldn't normally buy an animal, as I'm a strong advocate for adoption. However, the tiny furball attached himself to my leg, and so I said I would pay her for him, as long as she promised she would actually get his mother spayed. I was ALMOST talked into taking all three of the remaining kittens she had, but I managed to resist.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 19, 2012
Ask a Question