Where can I get free spaying services?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by erik, Mar 20, 2015.

1. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Where can I get free spaying services? I've never spayed my previous cats before and I would like to know if there are free or cheap spaying services out there? Does the local PAWS offer one?

erik, Mar 20, 2015
  2. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

I don't know where you live but I know where I come from there seems to be nothing free anymore. Some time ago I saw some strays and I called the one local shelter we have and by the time the lady quoted me what was involved in capture and spaying, I could not even consider it. I never had my own done but I know I was looking at somewhere between $100 and $200. In US dollars that half of the shown amount.

Anne, Mar 20, 2015
  3. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, it depends where you live, but in most places a free spaying campaign takes place.... at least once a year, but you will have to do some research on your own, because everyone here lives in different countries :) So it's really hard to know!

Trellum, Apr 7, 2015
  4. erik

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Oh, I was wondering, if you were thinking about getting your new stray cat spayed. This can be tricky, as others have already told you. I was quite disappointing with all the campaigns out there promoting this that no readily available free services are available.

Hopefully, with some research you can find a vet or organization that will help you out! I will keep a look out for you, if I happen to hear about some nationwide free service. I wish you good luck!

Herman&Eddie, Apr 13, 2015
  5. erik

erik Well-Known Member

A law has just been passed in our neighboring city that allows households up to only four pets. If you exceed the number you would have to get a permit! I'm glad I don't live in that city. The government should have spaying services instead if they want to control the cat population...

erik, Apr 19, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  6. erik

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not really, a laughing matter. Still, I just came across the new Japanese game app for smart phones called Nekoatsume, which means "collecting cats."

When I was young, there was this house in the area, known as the "cat lady's house" because there were just so many cats living there. This was years ago, as you mention there are laws in place to make sure a home is not over-run by too many pets. Not sure, how I feel about limiting a home to only four pets, though. At the same time, how many is too many, when living in the city?

Herman&Eddie, Apr 21, 2015
  7. erik

erik Well-Known Member

I can see how having too many cats in your household can be a problem but some people actually made a business out of it! I posted in another thread about "cat cafes" and one of these days I'm planning to visit one myself :)

erik, Apr 24, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
Ask a Question