When cats don't want to eat high quality cat food

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jenny Heart, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Jenny Heart

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

All my cats use to eat cheaper brands of cat food, Then, my one cat Tinker developed diabetes. I decided then to research about a cat food brand,'Blue's. It was time I learned all about this cat food. The one thing I heard about this cat food, was that at first cats may not care for it. I was advised to mix there old food with it for a while, then, slowly get it to where they only eat the ,'Blue's,' cat food brand. If that doesn't help try heating the food up for about 15 seconds to help release the oils in the food. These tips should help cats that don't want to eat high quality cat food. Now, my cat Tinker is doing better all the time. Try this great cat food, and you may have your pet companion around for many years.

Jenny Heart, Apr 28, 2012
    Susan Brown likes this.
  2. Jenny Heart

MER Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did some research on cat food too. It turns out to be a marketing scheme for kitten food to cat food. Ingredients is what's most important. Since cats are meat eaters, that should be the first thing you see on the list. Specialized cat food such as your case may be different. I'm talking about your basic cat food. I went from kiddles to dehydrated cat food. Honest Kitchen Prowel Chicken I think the name is. Regardless, Honest Kitchen is the company. Mix a portion with warm water, wait a few minutes, and you have a dish of wet catfood. You can see real food hydrate from it. You may have to do a few tricks to get them to go for it, but they eat it up.

MER, Oct 1, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  3. Jenny Heart

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I have never heard of this stuff before but I will have to check it out.

Susan Brown, Oct 15, 2015
  4. Jenny Heart

MER Well-Known Member

They have sample packs available. I'm not sure how much they cost if anything. The box comes in two sizes. A 2lb box may run you $27 USD and that turns into I think 4 or 6 lbs in the long run after all the water's been added as you use it. Its not as simple as opening a tin of cat food or dumping some out of a bag but its good for them.

My wife and I try new things out with our cats. Gemma likes lemons, toothpaste, and bread. Rosco likes peanut butter, bread, and pork. Gemma doesn't seem to be that much of a 'real meat' meat eater. Kind of strange.

MER, Oct 15, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  5. Jenny Heart

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Yes cats can be strange little critters! lol They are entertaining for sure. My older cat Harley eats only cat food. He won't try anything else. He gags about everything. lol
    Merle on the other hand he will eat just about anything. He always has to have a taste of what you are eating. He will come right up and take it off your plate if you don't
    offer it to him. lol

Susan Brown, Oct 16, 2015
Ask a Question