What's your cat's favorite toy?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by cocolgooh, May 2, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgooh Member

My cat's favorite toy is probably a feather on a fishing pole type get up. She'll chase that for ages. If I wedge the pole between two things she'll keep playing with it for hours before she eventually leaves it alone. Especially if I set up a desk fan to make it keep blowing around too.

cocolgooh, May 2, 2016
  2. cocolgooh

kdb890 Member

My cats favorite toy right now is a little green fish that we got in one of those pet stockings at Walmart during Christmas time. However, he realls likes these mouse-shaped toys you can buy at a cat specialty store here that are made out of real rabbit fur. But they're expensive and lose their smell fast, so we only treat him with them every now and then.

kdb890, May 2, 2016
  3. cocolgooh

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cat Merle loves to play. He has three little mice that he loves. He takes them and hides them and then he brings them out and puts them in our bed when we are sleeping. He loves playing fetch with anything. You throw it and he will bring it back. He is so sweet. He keeps us entertained.

Susan Brown, May 2, 2016
  4. cocolgooh

Valerie Active Member

The cats I've had love the fake furry mice. The smaller, the better. They chase them, fetch them, throw them, drown them in the water bowl... the amount of torture those plastic mice go through is astounding haha. One cat, now passed, loved cat nip. I'd lay out some newspaper and layer the nip between the pages. Wicket (the cat) would literally plow into the papers and make confetti.

Valerie, May 9, 2016
  5. cocolgooh

lisasian86 New Member

My cats favourite toy is the little woollen ball I knitted for her, it's about the size of a plum and it has bits of wool trailing out of it and she just loves it! It's the only thing that can coax her out of the tree in the garden when she gets stuck.

lisasian86, Jun 4, 2016
  6. cocolgooh

acheno84 Member

I'm actually ashamed to say how much I've spent on cat toys, but I learned that my youngest likes the sound of tissue paper. Well, I do some sewing and so I cut out a fish shaped toy out of flannel material and stuffed it with scrap paper that I had from my sewing patterns. She LOVES it. She usually carries around the house with her and will kick it and stomp on it for hours. Never again will I buy cat toys when I can just use scraps at home to make something even better.

acheno84, Jun 9, 2016
  7. cocolgooh

Anne Well-Known Member

What did Twinkle like? I am trying to remember. She likes some balls I bought one time and then there was this light that I would flash and he would run after it. We both found it funny in the beginning but soon Twinkle got bored and that was the end of that.

Anne, Jun 30, 2016
  8. cocolgooh

cluckeyo Active Member

My cat's favorite toy is any kind of small live critter. He will play with baby birds, lizards, snakes, and mice. He will eventually eat them. But occassionally he will let them go in the house. We have just recently tracked down 2 great big lizards that have been aloose in the house.

cluckeyo, Jul 1, 2016
Ask a Question