What's Your Cat's Favorite (Human) Food?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MarinaRose, Apr 11, 2013.

1. MarinaRose

MarinaRose Member

I have two cats, Inky & Ivy. Inky is a bit picky, but Ivy will eat just about anything. I don't feed them human food, but sometimes when I'm not looking, they snatch a piece of my food. One time, they took a green bean out of my bowl. They really seemed to enjoy that. :) We freeze our ground beef in zip-lock bags. When we empty the bags of beef, we throw the bags into the garbage. And Ivy being silly, knocks over the garbage and scavenges for it every single time, without fail. It gets quite frustrating for me, but she enjoys it.

MarinaRose, Apr 11, 2013
  2. MarinaRose

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My guys love cream cheese, that is probably one of their favourite human foods. They used to enjoy getting meat scraps whenever I would cook, but now they are not allowed anything except cat food due to some digesting issues they have had. They love raw beef though, they will play with it for hours before they eat it.

Scottyxx, Apr 12, 2013
    MarinaRose likes this.
  3. MarinaRose

mariposa Well-Known Member

We don't feed our cat "people food" but like you said, there are a few times she sneaks something by us. For the most part she wants nothing to do with human food, BUT don't walk away and leave a piece of toast in view because she loves licking the butter from it.

Other things we need to watch are the crumbs from the tops of pies and crumb muffins, and the lids of things like pudding and tapioca. Strange list of the few people foods she'll try to sneak from is, isn't it?! :rolleyes:

mariposa, Apr 22, 2013
  4. MarinaRose

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

It is so weird! Haha! My guys are the same though, they once sneaked a lettuce leaf, and I let them have it, they were so confused / disappointed! I think they just don't want to feel left out really! Mine once ate a muffin paper, with bits of muffin stuck to it, and they go INSANE for Pudding too!

Scottyxx, Apr 23, 2013
  5. MarinaRose

Trace Member

My three all have different attitudes about people food. One turns her nose up at everything except her food. One begs and then turns her nose up at it, as though we tricked her, and offered something different from what we are actually eating, although she will eat grilled chicken and beef jerky (go figure--she LOVES beef jerky). The third thinks he's going to die without people food, and yowls for it. He'll also eat almost anything he gets hold of, and will occasionally go into the trash for particularly interesting stuff. We're very careful with what people food he gets, though, because of his age. His digestion gets upset if the wind blows, so giving him almost any kind of people food is just asking for trouble.

Trace, Apr 26, 2013
  6. MarinaRose

CatFour Active Member

My cats don't eat a lot of people food, but there are certain things they get once in awhile as a treat. One cat loves green olives, which I find a bit odd for a cat, but I love them too! The kitten is a scavenger and will try to eat anything she can get her paws on. The other two mostly turn up their noses at anything besides cat food. They all love tuna fish, of course. Now, that's a real treat for them. It is so funny to watch them when I holler, "Tuna Fish". They all come running!

CatFour, Apr 28, 2013
  7. MarinaRose

Britt24xoxo Member

One of my cats is a human food fanatic. I can't leave a plate unattended for long before she will instantly appear. She also likes to beg with her pretty green eyes while I'm eating, hoping I'll throw her a peice. Her favorite foods are yogurt, icecream, coffee, ice, whip cream, cookies, and even chips. She is quite a character for sure.

Britt24xoxo, Apr 30, 2013
  8. MarinaRose

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Our cat really loved boiled chicken. We stopped feeding her "cat food" and cooked food for her because we found out just how toxic pet food is. She ate all sorts of things such as rice and eggs. If she did not like it, we would have known because she would have simply refused to eat it. Unlike some of the cats mentioned in this thread, she did not play with her food.

GavinMcresty, Apr 30, 2013
Ask a Question