What's been your favourite cat experience

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by gwydion, Nov 27, 2012.

1. gwydion

gwydion New Member

I had a cat once, black with white front paw and very pretty. She was a rescue and bonded with me. When I went outside, particularly in winter, she would jump on my shoulders and either entwine herself about my neck or would snuggle down into the hood of my parka.

She'd stay there quite happily, her tail twitching ever so slightly. Even if I want walking for a couple of hours, or went around the other animals we had at the time, she would not move and would not get bored.

I have never come across a cat like her since.

What's your favourite cat experience?

gwydion, Nov 27, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  2. gwydion

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Awh, that's precious!

My first real cat (that I acquired at an age when I was old enough to actually take care of him/call him mine) was named Dorian. He is the only cat I ever had who would always comfort me when I was upset. My current cat does it sometimes, but not nearly so often. If I was crying and he was near enough to hear me, Dorian would come running and curl up on my lap. He'd fill my life with warm, fuzzy kitty to make me feel at least a little better about whatever I was crying about. It was a nice comfort to have and I miss him dearly.

blurinoctober, Nov 27, 2012
  3. gwydion

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, so cute! I love kitty snuggle time. My favorite was of my cat Rank, who I had when I was 8 years old. She was a rescue and she just loved me. She followed me around everywhere and when I would lay on the floor with my eyes closed, she would come up to me and put her head in my hand and nudge to wake me up.

steph84, Nov 28, 2012
  4. gwydion

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My favorite cat experience? That was more than ten years ago. One stray kitten came to live with me. Then another. And another. Finally I had more than a dozen of them. And they all slept on my bed. Or rather slept on me while I slept on my bed. I usually sleep sideways and all of them would line up on my side. It was a really cozy feeling to have so many live furry blanketlets on me.

Victor Leigh, Nov 28, 2012
  5. gwydion

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I once had a cat with one eye that was formerly a stray. Every once in a while, he would reach out with his paw and gently touch my eyes, as if to say "Hey, how come you have 2 eyes and I only have one?" I miss him. That was 15 years ago.

ACSAPA, Jan 3, 2013
Ask a Question